cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebService

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

is it possible to use webservice in VC.? i am working in webdynpro, please help me in guiding a webservice scenario using webdynpro...?

thank's in advance

Sheethal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sheethal

It is possible to consume a webservice in VC:-

please go thru the following tutorial which help you learn better:-

/people/scott.cairncross/blog/2006/10/11/building-a-web-services-based-visual-composer-application

Note:- You could also consume some standard webservices from the WSDL available at http://portal_url/index.html>>Web Services Nabigator

Message was edited by:

Navneet Giria

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheethal,

Please go Through these Links

<b>Consume a Webservice from Visual Composer</b>

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e017128b-0c01-0010-fa85-e3a576f1...

[original link is broken]

<b>UME Webservice in Visualcomposer:</b>

/people/baris.buyuktanir2/blog/2007/07/30/how-to-create-a-visual-composer-user-selection-screen-with-ume-web-service-part-i

Thanks and Regards

Nandha

former_member209575
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sheethal

it is possibe..

if u have some valid wsdl then you can create a new system using that wsdl.

in the "Tools" menu one option is there "Define webservice system.."

enter the system name, alias name and wsdl. if the URL require userid & password, tick the checkbox and enter your userid and password for the url.

now check in find data, the system u created will be there with the alias name.

select the system and simply gives .* at opertions and give search.

all the functions will the listed .

now u can simply drag and drop the functions to story board and continue design as for any other system.

Regards

Pradeep P N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep

Firstly thanks for your quick response, your answer is very helpful, but i am new to visual composer, could you please guide me to do a webservice scenario(including creation of Webservice through webdynpro) using VC.

Thanks

sheethal

former_member209575
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Seethal

Some Quick steps to develop, deploy a webservice.

1. Create a Java Project, a package structure and a java file(Calculator.java).

2. Include your java code there.

3. Switch to web services perspective.

4. Right click on java file to create a new web service.( A Virtual interface, web services definition, webservice are generated in the process)

5. Go the Project and build an .ear file

6. Go to window>preferences> J2EE engine and specify the WebAs system on which the webs ervice should be deployed.(XI server can also be choosen for deployment.)

7. Deploy the .ear file. Access the deployed web service from server homepage--> web services navigator

Regards

Pradeep P N