cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling ABAP objects through JCO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could anybody provide an example on how to invoke ABAP Objects through Jco?

I only found documentation on how to invoke Function Modules but nothing regarding ABAP objects.

thanks in advance,

Jose

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kyo_choi2
Participant
0 Kudos

Create a RFC wrapper function then instantiae the ABAP Object and execute the methods within the function. Interface would be matched with import and export parameters for the RFM.

Then you can call it from JCO.

Message was edited by: Kyo choi

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I read the version of the JCO document I have, which is 0.8.1 of Developing Applications with the "SAP Java Connector", it seems to say that there is a way to call BAPIs in an object oriented way with JCO. I have not tried it, but the section on the JCo Proxy Generator appears to do show this.

~John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

As given in documentation, we can call only RFM's using JCo. But we can invoke any BAPI by invoking the corresponding RFM. For this, we must know the corresponding RFM for any BAPI. For example, BAPI Customer.GetList is invoked by calling BAPI_CUSTOMER_GETLIST. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Vijaya Gopal.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jose,

you can only call RFC enabled Function Modules with JCO.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer,

I am really surprised. SAP is pushing for ABAP Objects development instead of procedural ABAP and now you can not make this development available to a Java application!

Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can call BAPI with JCO

You must know that under JCO

You have a native (JNI) C API which is used with the known CPI-C API (Protocol)