cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS check at CJ02

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

While creating a project structure-entering new WBS elements in Cj02 i need to check the WBS elements ,

Eg if i have a element at level two as P012345-IN already in the structure,it should not allow me to enter or save the structure with a element P012345-MC,ie

if p012345-IN is Present in the structure do not allow P012345-MC,

if P012345-CO is Present in the structure do not allow P012345-OS.

can you please give me the logic for this and can i write this logic in the exit at the validation check or it should at some user exit at cj02.

thanks and regards

vinay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you want to control for not to create two WBS elements on same level to a Project.

In that case please use the following logic to control:

Table PRPS field STUFE will give the levels that are already existing for the given project. By using this information you can easily restrict in user exit.

Regards,

Ravi.

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

As far as I known, there is no Badi or user-exits to do such check. Typically for such requirement, you can try with the validation function, which you find under customizing Project System -> Strukturen -> Operative Strukturen -> Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) -> Projektstrukturplan -> Maintain Validations

Please see online help for more details, and ther should be a consutling note about it as well, as I remember.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

If u dont want that to allow it, then what is the next wbs in the hierarchy that u want???

regards

sunil kar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The situation is, there is a existing project structure which has say 4 phases at level 2 now i need to replace these elements with new WBS elements,

considering that some of the elements of the old structure will be active in the project and i do not want to touch them and the remaining elements in the old structure will be deleted (notactive/not released) and new elements with new name will be added in the structure. the catch is,

I am able to get this with setting validations ie all the new elements can be added in the old structure after deleating the non released elements

Old structure elemennts are (all level 2) Axxxx-ID,-CO,-IN,-Cl

New structure elements are (all level 2) Axxxx-MC,-OS,-DD,-CP.

i.e ID in the old structure is the same as MC in the new structure (same for the others).

if the old structure has already active say -ID and -CO elements i am still able to enter new elements with -MC, -OS which are same as ID and OC.so double entry.

I need a check while entering new elements, if -ID is present in the structure (not deleted) i do not want to enter -MC

also i have set different WBS element priority for new elements which differentiates the elements added to the old structure.

cheers

Vinay..