cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes in existing ARFC Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts..

I m working on existing build Java web dynpro application .... In reporting modules .. i have to generate a new report ... already 3 reports are generated using models thru ARFC .... Now i need to import one more model for new report .... is it affect my existing running application ? Wats the procedure to do so ?

Thankz in advance...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thankz buddy

former_member751941
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Just create a new model or re-import the existing model with new RFC.It will not affect your existing application.

Check this.

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/355b9c90-0201-0010-d2a8-89fece426526">Creating a Web Dynpro Application Accessing ABAP Functions</a>

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/28113de9-0601-0010-71a3-c8780... [original link is broken]

Regards,

Mithu

Former Member
0 Kudos

thankz mithu...

i think in my case i have to create a new BAPI ..and import a new model .....bez its a new report ....re-import model only import existing BAPIs again .. but in my case there is no change in existing BAPI, so no need to re-import model ... wat u say .. am i right ?

former_member751941
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

If SAP standard BAPIs do not match your requirement, you have to create a new BAPI (say NEW_BAPI) that true. But instead of creating a new Model you can re-import the exiting model. When you will re-import the existing model and just choose the “NEW_BAPI” in select RFC wizard option. See page no. 12 of “Creating a Web Dynpro Application Accessing ABAP Functions” document.

You can create a new model also no problem. As you like.

If later on your requirement change and you have to access 10 or 20 more BAPIs in that case it would be the better to use single model for accessing all the BAPIs that are in same system (say ECC).

Regards,

Mithu