cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation problem of SAP JCO 2.1.8 on iSeries OS 400 V5R2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a SAP ECC 5.0 system. The objective is to make SAP talk with another JAVA based system called GIS (Gentran Integration Suite) directly.(We plan NOT to use any middleware in the process)

In the process of doing that, we referred to the documentation provided by Sterling Commerce (Company who owns GIS product).This gives detailed steps of installing a SAP JAVA Connector on the system which will host GIS software.

Refer to the following link:

http://www.sterlingcommerce.com/documentation/gis42/content/saae/SAP%20Suite%20Adapter.html#wp999368

Our legacy system is hosted on IBM iSeries (OS 400 V5R2). GIS is installed on this machine.So we are trying to install SAP JCO connector on the iSeries machine so that GIS can talk to SAP box.

As per the documentation (link referred above),for IBM iSeries, we need the following 3 files.

a) sapjco.jar

b) Librfc.savf

c) Sapjcorfc.savf

SAP OSS note 672955 (Section "Updating the SAP J2EE Engine for iSeries") also refers to the same 3 files.

I went to service.sap.com/connectors --> SAP Java Connector (SAP JCo) --> Tools & services --> Download SAP JCo Release 2.1.8 --> Downloaded sapjco-as400_pase_64-2.1.8.tgz for OS400 64 BIT.

And then followed the instructions as given in OSS note 672955 for iSeries.

But my problem is unpacking the .SAR file is not giving me the 2 files.

1. Librfc.savf

2. Sapjcorfc.savf

No files are obtained with SAVF extension. Instead we are getting 2 files with .o extension which are not valid for OS 400 application.

From where do I get the 2 files for IBM iSeries OS400?

1. Librfc.savf

2. Sapjcorfc.savf

I have also read OSS Note # 766185.

Thanks,

Bhaskar Pal.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was an installation issue,reinstallation worked.