cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing document archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have archived billing document using SD_VBRK in SAP 4.7. After the archiving, we can display archived billing doc in VF07, but the output option was disable. Which mean we can reprint the document.

Is any one have a workaround?

thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jess,

I am afraid I do not have very good news for you. Once you have archived a billing document, you can view it, but cannot reprint it. A lot of companies image their billing documents prior to archiving them so they will be able to reprint them if necessary. One reason this functionality is not provided is that usually, the print program or layout has changed since the document was archived so you would not be able to provide what the original invoice looked like (which is usually necessary in a legal situation).

Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karin,

thanks for the reply. As mentioned, it recommended to generate billing document image prior to data archive. How can i do that?

I have change the billing document output to "archive" and try to produce outgoing document archive using TA VF31. Unfortunately its doesn't work. Any sugesstion?

thanks,

Jess

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In order to archive outgoing documents, there is a lot of setup involved. You will need a 3rd party storage solution or use the SAP Content Server to store and manage the images. You will need to set up a content repository using transaction OAC0. You will then need to set up the documents for archiving. Some of the setup you would need to do is setting up the correct document types in transaction OAC2, linking the doc types to a logical archive in transaction OAC3. Maintain the output types within SPRO.

Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Karin,

Actually, we are using Opentext as archive solution. All the necessary configuration was done as you mentioned.

If i use VF02, i am able to create outgoing document for 1 particular billing document. Now, i am trying to use VF31 to archive billing document in massive. It that possible?

Thanks.