cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is business process in supporting projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

first, how we have to approach the given issue. what will be the procedure..

tools, etc can any one explain me in detail the total procedure from receiving the FS to releasing the task.

regards

prakash.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

See the SDLC cycle in any type of project

Functional/Technical Spec

FS/TS review

Coding

Code walk Throw

Unit testing document

Testing(initial/final) by testing dept

Quality

Delivery of the code

See the different project types doc

There are different types of Projects in SAP:

1. Implementation

Customer wants to install SAP/Include different modules of SAP viz. MM/SD/FI/CO/PP etc for the first time.Previously he might be using some legacy system in his orgn. This is implementation project. Here one needs to integrate several modules, migrate data from Legacy system to SAP system. Need to prepare interfaces/RFC's to interact with 3rd party systems.

Most of the company's follow ASAP methodology for the Implementation projects

there are 5 stages in the ASAP methodology

they are

1. Project Initial Preparation

2.Business Blueprint

3.Realization

4/ Final Preparation

5.Golive And Support

ABAP work mostly starts in the Blue print ending stage or in the realization stage

2. Support

Customer has already installed SAP & wants to give the work of maintaining those systems. This is support project

There is no phases in it. Just receive the tickets, solve and send back to client.

3. Upgrade

Customer has SAP Version 4.6b and wants to update his version i.e. wants to go to Version 4.7. This is upgrade project

4. Rollouts

Customer has upgraded his version & wants to rollout country specific changes.

This is rollout project

Say a COmpany is having branches in 3 to 4 countries.

In One country they have already implemented SAP

IF they wants to implement the same SAP in other countries of their branches they will simply follow the same SAP implementation policy (Rollout) how they have done for the first country just by changing the country specific settings and configurations.

Check the links,

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=3895726&messageID=3698776

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=3895726&messageID=2270483

<b>Reward points for useful Answers</b>

Regards

Anji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anji,

thanks for response.. i am begginer in abap i want to know, in supporting what type issues will come and what will the procedure to solve the issue.. like in implementation project we will start coding according to TS but in supporting what will be our first step to solve the issue..

regards

prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

This depend on the issue. Lets say there is some issue in any report, it is dumping or output is not correct then you need to look into that report.

So in Support it is never predictable.

Regards,

Atish