cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignement of Material componets in standard network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is meant by assignement of material componets by Material BOM and By Standard BOM in the standard network and when to use the same.

Rgds,

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The only way to assign materials to an activity of a standard network is via a BOM. When linking a BOM to thehe activity, the items of the BOM are automatically assigned to the activity.

You can link a material master BOM, but you can also link a kind of dummy BOM (standard BOM). The standard BOM is especially created for a particular assignment. When creating the standard BOM starting from the standard network you will see that a BOM is created with a header that has a reference to the standard network number (this is the standard object). There exist no master data record for the standard object.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

For my scenario, I want to assign BOM to the standard network which is common to all networks. something like using a reference BOM for all standard networks. Is it possible? if it is possible, then how?

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

This will not work when using the standard BOM.The standard BOM is uniquely created for each assignment of a material to a standard network.

I haven't tried this, but maybe you could use a BOM for an assembly?

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

while creating a standard network assign the reference points to each of the activities. So that each time u create a network copying the std network the operative network will also have those reference points in the corresponding activities.

Now those refernce points are also defined in the BoM so that each time u do BoM transfer the materials are assigned to respective activities.

this should solve ur issue.

regards

Sunil Kar