cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in batch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear's

I am getting problem in the batch.Good's are issued from 888 plant,AAA storage location with the batch 1234-10 [ 1234-sales order,10 item number] to customer.the customer is returned the stock due to the poor quality.So,company taken the Good's receipt to different plant i.e. 999 and BBB with the same batch.now , the problem is client doesn't need the batch number.they want this stock as 999 BBBonly,not allocated to any sales order.

Please help me by giving the solution.very urgent.

If u not able to understand the requirement please let me ask.

Thank you

Mohan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Murli,

I suppose it is not possible for a same material to behave differently in Sales & returns. If Batch Management is active for material master, how will the material master behave differently.

I get only one suggestion in my mind i.e identify a userexit in return delivery & through Abap programming force the deletion of batch number, before updating the stock. I don't know if it works or not, but it can be tried.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward suitable points.

• How to give points: Mark your thread as a question while creating it. In the answers you get, you can assign the points by clicking on the stars to the left. You also get a point yourself for rewarding (one per thread).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shashi_thakur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Under Ideal business practice, the Returns material should be returned to the issuing plant and the subsequent activities after Quality check viz. Scrapping or resuse should be carried out.

However, if you have a requirement wherein you can return the goods to another plant and then want to be able to assign it a batch number based on the new sales order of plant 999, then you can develop a Z program , which selects all the batches which are lying in a particular storage location and having a different plant code (888) than the current plant (999) and changes the code and assigns them a new code say RE999BBB--- (RE to signify that its a return). This can/cannot be different from your batch numbering used for the products manufactured regularly at 999 BBB. i,e, they can be 999BBB. You can mainatin the relationship between the old and new batch code in some Z table so that the same can be viewed as and when required... The new batches can be then assigned new batch numbers , say from RE999BBB to 3456-10, as and when a sales order is created. This new code can also be added to that table for reporting. The table will then have the link as 1234-10/RE999BBB--/3456-10. Once you assign the returns batch anew batch based on the new sales order ensure that stock should reduce accordingly from the batch. You will have to sit with an ABAPer and finalise the other requirements. hope this is of some help....cheers

Shashi