cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validating COPA Characteristics during manual Journal Entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to find a way to validate COPA characteristic entries during FB50 (or FB01). I need to check the following:

1. A characteristic with a value in the customer master

2. A characteristic with a profit center

3. The ship-to, bill-to, payer combination (which may be all different customer master values). Currently being derived into three COPA characteristics.

4. The distribution channel, material, and customer combination. Currently being derived into three COPA characteristics.

My gut reaction was to create a Validation off table COEP and match PAOBJNR

to table CE4xxxx to retrieve the characteristic values but I'm pretty sure that PAOBJNR will not be written to the table at the point where I need to validate the values (prior to saving the entries).

My second idea was to possibly use the post derivation user exit SAPLXKKE, EXIT_SAPLKEAA_002 Although I am not to familiar with how to work with user exits outside of the Substitution and Validation GGB4 world.

Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should make the Profitability segment required in the field status for the manual entry then you will have it when the document is posting. You can then do your check through the normal FICO validations. You'll probably have to use the validation user exit to accom[plish this.

pls assign points to say thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

1737519 - Updating of Table (CE4XXXX_ACCT) entries in EHP5 and above

Former Member
0 Kudos

I figured it out. BSEG-PAOBJNR and temporary table CE4xxxx_ACCT has all the copa characteristics during GL entry.

0 Kudos

Nope 😞 When saving validation works but no ce4XXX_ACT filled, SAP HANA