cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP .NET connector VStudio2003 don't work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I installed the SAP .Net Connector and tried to add the SAP Connector class as New Item into my VS C# project but nothing happened. In the help that come with the connector says that a wizard must appear but all I get is the same window for "add new Item". Somebody knows why????

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

After you have installed the SAP .net connector and added a connection to the R/3 server in the Server explorer (pls. refer the docs/help for this), you need to <b>add a SAP Connector Proxy</b> to your project. To do this

1. Right click on the project in the solution explorer

2. Goto Add --> Add new Item

3. Click on Local project items --> SAP --> Select "SAP Connector proxy" from the templates listing and click on "Open". The SAP WSDL designer would be shown.

4. Now you need to connect to your R/3 application server in the server explorer and select a BOR or a function from the listing provided.

5. Ensure that the sapwsdl designer window is open and is the current window. <b>Right click on the BOR/function and select "Add to designer"</b>. Now the wizard shall start and would generate a proxy for you. Finally, click on save.

6. You can now create objects of the proxy class in your code and calls methods on it.

Pls. feel free to get back in case you face any issues.

Cheers

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

One little advice. If the server explorer does not show any SAP System, you must refresh it.

I had this problem and was searching a little. I thought i did something wrong, but i just forgot to refresh.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I had just installed SAP Connector for .NET.

I was successful in adding a SAP Connector proxy, but unable to find the steps to add a SAP server in the Server Explore.

Could you please help me out with docs/help that you have mentioned in your posted message for configuring a R/3 Server.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Catherine

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please note that the documentation for Version 2.0 / 2.1 is contained as integrated Visual Studio help. Please ignore the docu from the PDF (which is for version 1.x).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the advice. But I got error cannt open C:\Windows\sapmsg.ini file, any idea?

Regards

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There has been a lot of discussion on this issue in this forum. Please search for "sapmsg.ini"-all messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Reiner,

There are lots of threads on sapmsg.ini. SAP.Connector requires a Group be defined from SAPLogon to specify where the Message Server is. Would you know how to find where the Message Server is?

Thanks and Regards

Linsong

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You admin has to tell you name or IP of the message server. Or he tells you name or IP of an individual application server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reiner,

I asked the admin, he can only tell where the application server is. I tried using the same IP address for Message server, Visual Studio complains communication error with message server. However SAPLogon works fine with logon etc. no need for Message Server which seems required only by SAP.Connector Ver 2.0 (I have not tried ver 1.0 yet). Would you know any tool to check where message server is either from SAP system itself or 3rd party tool.

Thanks

Linsong

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you know the IP of the application server, just do one of the following:

- Create a non-load balanced entry in SAPLogon and use this with NCo.

- In NCo use a Custom destination, specifying application server, system number, client, usernane, and password directly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reiner,

How do I reward points to your messages?

Further questions:

1) what do you mean by non-load balanced entry?

2) What is NCo?

3) Could I have your email address so that I can send you screen dumps?

Thanks & Regards

Linsong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reiner,

I got it! Great! Thank you a million!

I created a new entry from VS server explorer as custom destination specifing the logon info. Everything is there!

How do I reward you with points?

Best regards,

Linsong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reiner, Hi Lin,

i´ve got the same prob. i have no connection in the server explorer. I dont know how to configure the application server. if i try to add a new connection, i dont know, how to add a new connection to my sap-server, because the server is not at my standing. i have got only a ip-adress.

Could you help me please?

thanks

andreas