cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extraction of Auxiliary Key Figure

Former Member

Hi,

I am using an auxiliary key figure in my planning book. If I want to extract this planning area out to BW, does the aux key figure and its values extract? Where is this aux key figure technically stored, b/c it is not stored as an info object like the other defined key figures in RSA1.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi David,

Auxiliary keyFigures are temporary like having it in RAM. They are like any other keyfigure but cannot be saved back to database.

However, there are two options

1. Have another Key Figure added in the planning table. Create a macro that copies the Auxiliary KF to the new KF. Setup macro at the exit or end where you are done with your planning. That way, the KF is saved to database with the data.

2. The other is adding a regular keyfgure instead of auxiliary KF to planning table.

Here is one of my posts dealing with the same question:

Please feel free to ask any other questions.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

In fact, auxiliary key figures are not stored in any place, these key figures are used only to show data, not to store it.

So, you can't extract aux key figures from your planning area to an infocube, but you can do two things. If the calculus to obtain these values is not very complex, you can add a normal key figure and use a formula in update rules to do this calculus and store the result in the infocube, or you can use a normal key figure in your planning area to store the values.

I hope this can help you.

Regards.

Marín.