cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service users locked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

what is the meaning of sevice users locked ?? How can we know that they are locked ?? Similarly what is the menaing of RWB locked ?? Is it like that we can't get into RWB with the pwd ??

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Generally the XIISUSER will lock most of the time. You can check whether the user is locked or not ,by gng to TA SU01 and give XIISUSER and click the lock symbol, it will give u the status whether its locked or not.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj!

what are the probably indications or effects or actions through which we will come to know that particular service user get locked ?? Once we come to know that particular user gets locked we can follow your procedure.

Regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

i was having lock issues with users when i waz triggering alerts for few of my scenarios.

what happened was there were few dummy communication channel which were triggering alerts with wrong user id and pwd and coz of that PIISUSER waz getting locked and due to that even the actual alerts were not triggered.

best way to sort out these kinda problem is to try to look for root cause and solve that cause,like i disabled all those dummy CC and then there waz no problem

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

Appreciate your reply ! Now I have got some idea. If I am not wrong irrespective of howmany dialog users you have .........you will have only one XIISUSER right ?? In the example you explained ......dummy CC means the one you left unattended or unuserd right ?? If it is going to raise alert how can it use wrong pwd ?? If you set the pwd in the profiles ........it should use that right ?? Is it like virus in windows operating system ?? Just like to evaluate the reason for using wrong pwd by dummy cc.

thaks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Locking concept provided by SAP for security reason...its like if you try your username / wrong password on any online secure bank transction more than 3 then they locked your account and you have to request for new password.

Similarly if someone else try to use your userid / wronf passowrd more than 3 time your userid gets locked. You need to request SAP Basis to unlock the same.

You cannot login if account is already locked you have to have unlocked it before using.

Hope this will give you clear idea about locking.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh!

Thanks for your nice reply! But my question is as service users are not human users and each component has its own userid and pwd. so none other using that id and pwd how they get locked ?? As you told if you are using wrong pwd more than 3 imtes it will get locked. My query is what caused this non human users (service users) to use worng pwd's ?? normally human's will have the tendency to forgot pwd's and using wrong ones. But how abt non human users ??

Raj already notified how to unlock the locked user. But at first instant how will you come to know that particular service user is get locked ?? through SXMB_MONI or Message Monitoring ??

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Even service user can get locked by same process...this can happen if someone changes the password and still if they are using old password in configuration.

I remember once we had face this face problem and we came to know about it only while debugging. ( Some code was written to raise an alert).

But i think in RWB you will get an error "Invalid user Name / password" or cannot access system.

Otherways I really dont know.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir, Raj ! Do you have any answers for my above queries ?? Appreciate your inputs

thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nilesh ! thanks for your inputs

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kumar,

I couldn't gather the cases , that why service users are getting locked frequently, but the below thread clears ur doubt- Its one example case.But there may be a lot.

Best regards,

raj.

Answers (0)