cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts not getting generated from Alert rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I had a problem displaying Alert messages in Alert Inbox.I have created my category and I am raising the alert from BPM and thats working fine.But in some cases where I have define rules(via Alert Configuration in Runtime Workbench) for Alert Generation alerts are not getting raised.I am having the two background jobs running as per the documentation.

I checked by creating a rule where sender was BPM and receiver is File and the alert should get generated when the Adapter fails(i gave wrond username for FTP server).

Any idea what step might be missing?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey,

check this forum discussion if this relates with your problem..

regards,

Felix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

As I said earlier I had the job scheduled to collect the Alert messages and I am able to see the alerts in the Inbox but when I define Alert Rules I am unable to see that.Also I have subscribed for the respective Alert category.

Regards

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajeev,

have you checked in transaction ALRTDISP if the required alert has been created at all?

If yes, then have a look at the receivers, if no then check the following things:

- are your jobs running sucessfully?

- does the alert get created when you execute SALRTPROC report manually?

- are there old alerts of the same category not confirmed and flag surpress multiple alerts activated in the alert rule?

Best regards

Christine