cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open url in new browser window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i am looking for a possibility to open an URL in a new browser window, when the end-user clicked on a button.

I am aware of the LinkToURL view element. Unfortunately i would prefer to use a button element instead of the LinkToURL elementl. Can anyone provide me with a solution? Maybe there is a possibility to implement the needed coding in the action assigned to the button.

Thanks,

Dirk

Message was edited by:

Dirk Jäckel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

Use <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/43/79f82ccbec6fcde10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm">IF_WD_WINDOW_MANAGER</a> method CREATE_EXTERNAL_WINDOW and pass URL parameter in button click event handler. And don`t forget to call OPEN on new window instance.

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx,

works as designed. I used interface IF_WD_WINDOW_MANAGER already to open a popup. Unfortunately i did not see the method "create external window" :=)

Thx,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maksim,

I saw your reply to Dirk. I have a problem in the same functionality.

I have opened an external window (File directory), but the focus goes back to the Web Dynpro. I want the external window to stay on the foreground. Have you dealt with the same experience?

Geetz Peter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you set the parameter "MODAL" of the "CREATE_EXTERNAL_WINDOW" to the value "abap_true"?

From my understanding this should influence the window behaviour.

Regards,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

tried that, this did not influence the behaviour..

Greetz Peter