cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding password of WAS Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I forgot the password for the WAS server.How could i reset the password for the server.Also i want to login to the visual admin.What role i should assign to the new user

I assigned both administrator as well as super administrator.But it is showing jmx exception saying that only admin can log in.

Kindly help me.

Regards

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rohit and all,

I was able to solve the problem.

Apart from resetting the password in the secure store ofvthe cofig tool, there is another place you need to specify and apply the new password.

This is :

visual admin / Server / services / Security Provider / Runtime / User Management / Tree(at the bottom) / Administrators / <Your

Administrator>.

Here there is a field : Change password.

There you need to specify the new password.

After this deactivate the sap* and restart your J2EE engine.

Then you will be able to login to the visual admin using the user name Administrator and the new spedcified password.

Thanks and regards,

Lisha

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone help me out understanding where passwords are stored?

I installed the latest preview release... but later forgot the SAP Administrator password. I thought a work-around to this would be to un-install then re-install using a new password. After the un-install I removed all the SAP related directories. Although the un-install and re-install worked fine, I still could not access the Administrator with my new password. I had to follow this forum thread to use the emergency password - that worked fine.

I would like to understand where SAP stores these passwords - I thought in the UME, but it sounds like it stores them in the Windows registry. Can anyone answer my question?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have no locked users.

My problem is that i'm not able to login into the visual admin with any connection entry other the sap(even after deactivating the sap).

I have forgotten the Administrator's password. Hence all i need is to do is reset it. As far as i know, we reset it at two places, one is at the secure storage of the config tool.Here i have done the needful. But i'm unaware of the other place where i need to make this resetting of the password. Kindly help in this regard.

Thanks

Rohit

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case, try creating a new user with Administrator priveledges using the userid SAP* see if it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i need to change the Administrator's password in WAS, i need to do it in two places, one is in the secure storage of the config tool. Can anyone please tell me where is the second place to reset the password.

Thanks,

Lisha

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I had faced this problem, I also faced a Adminstrator locked issue, so I had to activate the Emergency user.

If you have tried the Administrator password more than 5 times possibly even your Administrator account is locked.

Note that from the config tool, you can also set how much attempts will cause the administrator to be locked (the default value is 5).

Check if your administrator user is locked, if it is locked , then activate the Emergency user.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

If Administrator user is locked then do one thing.

goto the url : http://<host>:<port>/useradmin

Login with your SAP* user, and from there, unlock user Administrator.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I too am facing the problem faced by rohit i.e. am not able to connect to the visual admin. I went to secure store and did reset my administrator password, then i restarted the server. But still i am unsuccessful in logging into the visual admin with these credentials.

I'm getting an error message "user authentication failed".

Kindly help.

Thanks,

Lisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rohit,

There is one Emergancy user is available in WAS server, Which is used for this purpose only. Username is SAP*.

You can login through this User id in config tool and there from secure store you can reset your Administrator password.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Open configtool.bat. Go to Secure Store. Change the password.

regards

Anand.M

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can Activate the emergency user SAP*, start the config tool and locate the UME properties and change ume.superadmin.activated = true and

ume.superadmin.password = <new password>

Check the following link for more info.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/3a/4a0640d7b28f5ce10000000a155106/frameset.htm

For editing UME Properties check the link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/0b/50ad3e1d1edc61e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Siddhesh