cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StartUp Plug Missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I am getting StartUp Plug Missing Error.

actually i add two window in one component and after deleting first one i am getting this error.

Please Help Me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

The interface view of the component and its attached window should have a inbound plug of type startup.

The Web Dynpro application uses this plug to launch the window via interface view.

If this error comes it means

1) The application is not pointing to a component without startup plug mentioned.

OR

2) The interface view and window doesn't have a plug of type startup.

For 2) -> Open the controller of interface view and check that there is a plug of type startup. If not create one by name Startup and type startup.

Check the same in window controller. Create a plug of same name "Startup" and type startup.

Go to the application controller and check that in target interface view and plug you have have mentioned this interface view and this "Startup plug".

For 1) Go to the application controller and check that in target interface view and plug you have have mentioned is of type startup (Check Interface to find which plug is of type startup). Check that you have plug of type startup in interface view and window and of same name.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

When checking in an activity, I have gotten the following error in the CBS build log

[wdgen] [Error]   com.company.maint.wdp.app.JSMaintApp --> Application JSMaintApp: Component is missing
[wdgen] [Error]   com.company.maint.wdp.app.JSMaintApp --> Application JSMaintApp: Startup plug is missing

This error was due to missing files in the DTR. I fixed it by going to the effected DC in the DTR perspective and right clicked on the 'src' folder. From the context menu, I selected DTR-> Add-> Subtree and the missing files were added to the activity.

I then checked in the activity and central build was successful.

HTH,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Stefan for sharing the solution. It worked for me too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

To solve this problem move to the properties view of your view which should be shown by default.

For example in the Web Dynpro Explorer:

=> Web Dynpro Components

=> <name of component>Component

=> Windows

=> <name of component>Component

=> Select the view you want to use by default.

=> In the properties there is the attribute default which has to be set on "true".

Domingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You deleted default view so you have to have one view defalut. so make one view default view & also check Window navigation moduler whether at least one view exists in window.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

This is bcos u deleted the default window,what gets generated with the component.

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes but provide me the solution???

In applicatiion-->references i am getting nothing in my startup plug property.

former_member751941
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Copy the plugins from some other NWDS installation that is working.

Or re-install your NWDS.

Regards,

Mithu