cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Information in one table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a central solution manager in which all other OE (Origanisation Entity) systems(satellite) are connected.

I need the following information related to Satellite system from the central Solman

<b>1) Customer Name

2) Customer Number

3) Sys ID

4) Installation Number

5) Operating system

6) Release of OS

7) database

😎 release of Database

9) current database size

10) Productive users

11) Hostname

12) Modules implemented</b>

Is there a single table or a screen where I can get all this information at a glance in solman?

Waiting for reply. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DoreenBaseler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Abhijit,

A close hit to your request might fulfill the analysis functionality in transaction SMSY.

Select <i>Utilities -> Analysis</i> from the menu. Here you can report on a variety of system, database and host settings. You should include some more selection criteria in your reporting as defined under <i>System Data View Screen</i>, especially the <i>Header Data</i> (such as for the installation number) and the <i>Database Technical Data</i> under <i>Selection of Main Instance Detail View.</i>

I am not sure what precisely you mean by modules implemented: SMSY stores and reports on installed products, product versions (that is releases), main instances down to software components and support package (stacks).

Customer name and number are not stored in SMSY. However, it is possible to assign this information for a system as respective customer-specific attributes. To do so, you have to define the attributes first. You do this - starting from the SMSY entry screen - selecting from the menu the entry <i>Utilities -> Attribute Defintion</i>.

Productive users however are not stored in SMSY and therefore cannot be reported on.

Best regards,

Doreen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Doreen,

Thanks for your attention.

1) When I check the EWA report of one of the system, the first page bottom has the customer number, but when I cross check the customer number with service Marketplace it is different or wrong. How to correct this for all systems.

2) Some of the information like customer number, productive users, current database size, I could find in the EWA reports, but the problem is there are 400+ systems connected to our solman... so everytime I have to go inside each systems EWA report of systems and retrieve the information.... any shortcut for this, where I can get all this information at one screen.

Thanks in advance. Waiting for reply.

Regards

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

1) customer number

- I am not aware of a solution

2) Access EWA results whithout manually opening every single session.

- run DSMOP, open the solution

- choose Operations: Solution Reporting -> Services

- Click on last buttom "Maintain selection parameter" or similar

- click on second tab "Service Data Selection".

You can access every single check of an EWA Session.

All systems of a landscape can be accessed.

Have you already evaluated the usage of Business Intelligence, which is part of SAP Solution Manager.

It would allow to extract the relevant data to an info cube, which allows flexible analysis.

Please check the following links:

- <a href="http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/554e0389-0901-0010-d08c-d5d590159e6f">SDN - Dieter Krieger - Performance and Availability Reporting with C CMS and BI — Overview</a>

- SDN - Technical Brief, PERFORMANCE-DATA REPORTING IN SAP NetWeaver® BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE

<a href="http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2bd0c3f6-0a01-0010-8183-9a64afd84c36">SAP Provides a Cost-Effective Solution for Performance Reporting</a>

-<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/e9/b04740c3236f13e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">Online Help - Monitoring Performance Data</a>

Best regards,

Ruediger

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

How to technically identify checks of interest in a EWA session?

- open the EWA session

- navigate to interesting information

- choose Goto -> Technical Information

note the Check Group, Check ID

- note the table and column

Use this information in the Reporting.

Extraction to BI:

- Operations: Solution Reporting -> BI Data Collection

- choose BI Extraction

- access the info buttom for further help

Best regards,

Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to find <b><i>services</i></b> under Solution Reporting.

Regards

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

I assume, that you are using a SAP Solution Manager 4.0.

In this release it's available.

What is offered under "Solution Reporting" in your SolMan?

What is the release of software component ST?

Ruediger