cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run Operating System Commands after Message Processing? sender file Channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have a file to file scenario,

the requirement is, when the file is picked from the source location, it is archived, but all the files in the archive folder should have rwx for all owner, group and others, i mean to say CHMOD 777,

for achieving this, in my sender file communication channel, i have entered the command: CHMOD 777 *, in the attribute <Run Operating System Commands after Message Processing>,

but its not happening, means when i see the archive folder(as mentioned in the communication channel), all files are still not with the authorization required

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out michals blog might solve the issue.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2007/02/08/xipi-command-line-sample-functions

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this blog by michal might resolve your issue,

XI: Operation system command - error catching

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/17/xi-operation-system-command--error-catching

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*</b>

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note that CHMOD can be used only on a Unix or Linux system. Please confirm on the OS that you have where your FTP/NFS exist.

OS commands -

Ref:

Run Operating System Command Before/After Message Processing -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/content.htm

Also to catch errors - /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/17/xi-operation-system-command--error-catching

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi shabarish

its unix....

and i wrote the command CHMOD 777 * ......and expect it to execute in the path of the Archive directory....

do i need to give the absolute path

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Two things to remember:

1. Use the absolute path.

2. This command is executed as <sid>adm user (where <sid> is your system id, eg. xid). So if <sid>adm does not have permission to execute the command then it will not work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for that info...

but the folders have all rwx for group and others