cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special characters / danu00EDsh caracters in xml messages causes errrors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

XI sends a xml message to an MQ queue´, which contains danish characters like æ, å and so on.

I download the message as a xml file and try to open it in the internet explorer, but without succes. I get a error message.

When i download the same xml message from the payload in Xi system, i have no problems opening it.

As far as i can see the content is the same.

So why can i not open the xml message containing danish characters i download from the MQ queue?

Kind regards / Ugur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have in opening XML tag proper encoding set?

Regards,

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer,

The encoding set in both xml documents are the same (UTF-08).

When downloading from the payload in XI i can open it, when downloading from the MQ queue i can not open it?

Kind regards

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mean UTF-8

You have to check the JMS queue settings ...

It looks like XI sends the proper encoded message but the JMS (haven't specify which one) is not able to handle it.

Regards,

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes i mean utf-8 off course.

You are probable right.

I was told that if i could transfer the message in binary format to the queue my problem would be solved. Do you know where i can tel in the setup that the transfer i to be done in binary format.

Regards,

Ugur

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

By default it is sent in binary format. You can check it in your JMS receiver CC in tab "Module".

Regards,

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right the message is transferred in binary format so the error must be something else.

The funny thing is that when i change the encoding to SO-8859-1 in the xml message can display it without error.

Do you know if it is possible to tell xi to transer a message in certain encoding set?. in this case SO-8859-1?

Regards / Ugur

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The default is "text mode". So the caracters are converted into a MQ code page.

To change to binary mode, create for the module SendBinarytoXIJMSService a new parameter JMSMessageType with value bytes.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/4d/a3bc97ff55c742af7faed661635baf/frameset.htm

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have follwoing set up

Number modulename type modulekey

1 SAP XI JMS Adapter/ConvertMessageToBinary Local enteprise Bean convert_XI2Bin

2. SAP XI JMS Adapter/SendBinarytoXIJMSService Local enteprise Bean Exit

And module configuariton is left blank.

Do i have to do something here?

Regards / Ugur

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Add a new parameter for the module key "Exit". Enter the data I mentioned above.

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right. The message is sent by default via text.

I have the module parameter configured that's why I supposed it is a default mode for SendBinarytoXIJMSService module.

Regards,

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suppose that you want me to create en entry in module configuration called 'Exit'. Then what? What should be entered as paramter name/ value.?

"JMSMessageType" as paramtername and "Byte" as value?.

Thanks in advance

Regards/ Ugur

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need entry sth like:

Module Key: exit

Parameter Name: JMSMessageType

Parameter Value: bytes

ref the doc mention before by Stefan Grube

Regards,

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This seems to solve some of my problems related to small characters like æ å and ø but the corresponding big letters like Æ Å and Ø still generates problems.?

Hope you have an idea.

Kind regards/

Ugur Er