Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed with investigating the source

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

I need to find terminal(IP address) on which a certain transaction was executed by a user in the past.

How can this be done?

Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by:

Gautam Poddar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using transaction STAT or STAD enter your criteria for the time, user etc to locate the execution of the transaction. Then you can view all details and see the terminal name.

Regards

Ashley

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using transaction STAT or STAD enter your criteria for the time, user etc to locate the execution of the transaction. Then you can view all details and see the terminal name.

Regards

Ashley

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

in STAD, what is Read time?

When I execute STAD for even the past 1 month, it gives no entries.

What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos

The STAD uses a circular store, that means old entries are overwritten soon.

If you need a log which is persistant for a longer time than you should have a look at the security audit log (transaction SM19 / SM20), however, the Security Audit Log has to be configured first.

Kind regards

Frank Buchholz

0 Kudos

The only problem with SM19 is the potential amount of space it will consume due to growth of its log files. When you configure it be careful to only record what you need for each user, clicking all will cause generation of log entries for most actions. As you can imagine this will also a have a performance impact as the Kernel writes to the log.

In answer to your question read time is how many hours/mins/secs you want to search from the time you entered

Regards

Ashley