cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

operating system command in file and rc adapters

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi .

i just want to know about operating system command before message processing under rfc adapter,xi adapter(if this option is there r not) and i know that this option is there in file adapter but i cont fined in rfc and xi adapters.

waiting for your respose.

bye.

regards.

seeta ram.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Seeta Ram,

This might be helpful to you..

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

Basically the idea is to execute some OS level scripts before or after message processing in file adpater...

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Seeta Ram,

You dont have OS command before message processing in rfc and xi adapters.It is available in File adatper, it is used to execute some scripts through command prompt before message is processed by XI.

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i know that there is no operating system commandbefore message processing but how we can execute operating system command in rfc and xi adapters .

i want to execute this OS command in rfc and xi adapters.

waiting for your response.

bye.

regards.

seetaram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i know that there is no operating system commandbefore message processing but how we can execute operating system command in rfc and xi adapters .

i want to execute this OS command in rfc and xi adapters.

waiting for your response.

bye.

regards.

seetaram.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as of now there is no standard functionality to execute OS commends in RFC or XI adapters. But why do you need such a req. ? Can you put in more details ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seetha

This blog may help u to debug the OS commands- /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/17/xi-operation-system-command--error-catching

have a look into these threads - they seem to have the solution u need (i havnt tried it though)

take a look at this post first:

remember that:

command must include the full directory path

(otherwise XI will assume the current directory which may not the place where you want to execute it)

you mean two parameters like filename? :

%f (file name)

%F (absolute filename including path)

f you are on SP15 then check this...

>>You can now enter an operating system command in the file/FTP adapter prior to message processing.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/5c0c91b9065f6be10000000a1553f6/content.htm

<b>Pls reward if useful</b>