cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOOP_IN_MESSAGE_ROUTING

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SDN

I'm trying to implement a SOAP call to XI which in turn calls and ABAP proxy. This will not work. Im getting the error MESSAGE>LOOP_IN_MESSAGE_ROUTING.

I believe the SOAP call works fine because according to the trace XI finds at forwards the message to ABAP proxy. I do not get one reply message but 4. 2 wih the MESSAGE>LOOP_IN_MESSAGE_ROUTING (XI protocol error occurred) error and 2 with PERSIST>MSGGUID_EXISTING ("Message ID 86D74341F46C11D9861F000D56FEC674 for pipeline CENTRAL, version , already exists in system"). I've been looking a lot in here (SDN) and many other places. I've tryed to run trough the installtion guide/config guide again -but without luck. Can anyone give me a hint?

best regards

Martin Børglum

Below is a tracefile for the message with MESSAGE>LOOP_IN_MESSAGE_ROUTING error:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

check, if the URL for the receiver is like this:

http://<host>:<port>/sap/xi/engine?type=<b>receiver</b>;

The XI 2.0 differs from XI 3.0 in this.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

It seems to work for me. Thank you very much for your help. It should have been written somewhere in the documentation of XI 3.0. How are we supposed to know about that?

Thanks again. I would definitely like to reward you with some points but ... I can't.

Yann Le Blevec

Former Member
0 Kudos

Strange,

now I get another error:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?> 
- <!--  Call Adapter 
  --> 
- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="1">
  <SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category> 
  <SAP:Code area="INTERNAL">HTTP_RESP_STATUS_CODE_NOT_OK</SAP:Code> 
  <SAP:P1>500</SAP:P1> 
  <SAP:P2>URL not correct: Pipeline SWSSLG_CLNT400 not existing</SAP:P2> 
  <SAP:P3 /> 
  <SAP:P4 /> 
  <SAP:AdditionalText><html><body><H1>SAP Integration Engine</H1><BR />URL not correct for integration engine:<BR />/sap/xi/engine?type=swsslg_clnt400</body></html></SAP:AdditionalText> 
  <SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" /> 
  <SAP:Stack>HTTP response contains status code 500 with the description URL not correct: Pipeline SWSSLG_CLNT400 not existing XML element {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Envelope missing in SOAP message header (SAP XI Extension)</SAP:Stack> 
  <SAP:Retry>N</SAP:Retry> 
  </SAP:Error>

And SWSSLG_CLNT400 has been created under the transaction sicf and activated (as described in the configuration guide). As we do the sldcheck everything is fine in the integration engine configuration, everything is fine.

Our path in the receiver communication channel:

/sap/xi/engine?type=swsslg_clnt400

TIA

Message was edited by: Bart De Saedeleer

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The path has to be defined as:

/sap/xi/engine?type=entry for XI 3.0

/sap/xi/engine?type=receiver for XI 2.0

nothing else.

By the way: I got this from the XI 2.0 documentation. When you work with 6.20 systems, the proxies behave like XI 2.0 proxies.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

I'm very happy to report that the new URL solved my problem. I have awarded you max points. Thank you very much for your help. And thank you to the other helpfull posts on this problem.

P.S. Sorry for the delay in awarding points - I ran into a small problem when testing.

best regards

Martin Børglum

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot call the ABAP proxy in the same system as the XI is running.

Create at least a different client in this system and call the ABAP proxy in that client.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Stefan

I do not believe I'm calling a proxy in the same system as the XI is running. I have a Webservice client which calls the XI system, which in turn calls an proxy on a totally different system. That is my intention anyway - is there something in the tracefile that led you to believe I'm calling af proxy on the XI-system?

regards

Martin

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let's have another try:

Your receiving system is configured as a central system.

Please check with SXMB_ADM, if the system, where the proxy is running, configured as application system.

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Stefan

I've just checked. The XI system is configured as Integration Server and the receiving system is configured as Application Server

regards

Martin

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, next guess:

Your receiver seems to be Web AS 6.40.

So did you apply message protocol XI 3.0? The default value is XI 2.0 protocol, that would be used for connecting a Web AS 6.20 system.

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

My XI is 3.0 but my receiver system is 6.20. Therefore i'm using XI 2.0 protocol and http 1.0.

The sender system is a business connector (webservice client)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just wanted to add that I have exactly the same problem.

I am also trying to find a solution.

Yann Le Blevec

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Also check for following configurations on your reciever system.

Services are active.ie.Tcode SICF .

Reciever system can connect to SLD .

Thanx.

Rekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my case, I have carefully followed the recommendation of the paragraph "Connecting Business Systems with an Integration Engine to the Central Integration Server" from "XI 3.0 configuration guide".

This configuration did work with another that's running on a Web AS ABAP 6.40.

Moreover, I have tried to use the local integration engine in the opposite direction that is to say I used my Web AS 6.20 to generate an outbound proxy to send a message to XI. And it did work!!!!

Any suggestions ?

Yann Le Blevec

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rekha Lather

Thank you for your hints. I have checked both suggestions and they are (unfortunally) ok.

regards

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yann Le Blevec

I've now tried some of what you are describing. I've changed the receiver server to a 6.40 server and here the scenario works fine!

So I have the same problem as you - the proxy call works fine to a 6.40 system but not to a 6.20 system (and i believe I have the correct settings for the 6.20 system)

regards

Martin Børglum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I ve sent a message to SAP for some help... According to them, there must be somewhere a wrong configuration (no known bugs). They told me to check my settings and to use the debugger for more details (see document "How to debug XI applications" available on http://service.sap.com/nw-howtoguides -> XI).

So right now.... I am debugging !

Yann Le Blevec

PS

My software components:

- XI 3.0

- SAP R/3 enterprise 4.7 ext 2.00 with (no J2EE engine):

• SAP_BASIS 620 - 0053 - SAPKB62053 - SAP Basis Component

• SAP_ABA 620 - 0053 - SAPKA62053 - Cross-Application Component

• SAP_APPL 470 - 0024 - SAPKH47024 - Logistics and Accounting

• APPINT 200_620 0006 SAPK-20006INAPPINT SAP Exchange Infrastructure 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have exactly the same problem, did anyone found the solution yet?

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bart,

Unfortunatelly, no solution had been found yet. So we have decided to use temporarily an RFC communication channel between XI and our R3 4.7.

Regards,

Yann