cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where n how to place a new jar files

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a MySql database and now i want to use that mysql DB from NWDS ,so where i need to put that mysql.jar file to make JDBC connection

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using a normal java webdynpro project. simply copy ur jars into lib folder of the project

right lcik on your proj-->java build path add jars, select ur jars from lib folder.

If you are using dc type of proj follow this blog

/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/09/14/a-bit-of-impractical-scripting-for-web-dynpro

Regards,

Naga

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

rajeshkelam,

If you plan to deploy this application as a DC, you are unfortunately entering into a problem area that SAP has so far failed to adequately address. For those who have done Java development outside of SAP, referencing a jar file is a basic task that is simple and painless. A reasonable development platform does most of the work for you.

SAP's "solution" is to place you external jar file(s) in an "external library DC". There are multiple blogs and confusing threads in this and other forums on this topic. The process is mind-numbingly complex, varies from one NetWeaver release to another and contains many steps that, if not done correctly, leave you with a broken component.

On my project, we have wasted numerous hours struggling with this problem. Given the numerous threads on this topic, ours is not the only project.

<flame>

SAP, WHEN WILL YOU FINALLY PROVIDE A REASONABLE SOLUTION TO WHAT SHOULD BE A SIMPLE JAVA DEVELOPMENT TASK...AND WHICH IS SIMPLE IN MOST ANY OTHER VENDOR'S SOLUTION?

</flame>

To SAP's credit, it does make sense to only have one instance of a jar file on an app server. But they fail in providing a workable solution.

-Kelly

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Place that file in your workspace . GO to the Developer studio right click the project and select properties fom the context menu in that java file path choose libraries then add external libraries and browse, choose that file and and give apply and press ok.

regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

This solution only works for a local build and execution of your project. If you are deploying the project as a Development Component (DC), you must package the jar file in an "external library DC" as is so often discussed in this and other Java-related forums.

-Kelly

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See them:

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashwani Kr Sharma,

With all due respect, such replies as this would be much more useful if you could give a direct answer to the question rather than simply pointing to some rambling discussion, on-line help or blog that may or may not give a concrete answer to the poster's question.

IMHO, this practice of answering a question by simply providing links is only occasionally helpful. If you know the answer, post it. If there is a link that precisely answers the question, post it. Otherwise, you are wasting the reader's time. We are all capable of RTFM and using search functions.

Thank you,

Kelly

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kelly,

The link which is pointed out is one of the best discussion of problem mentioned by the author of this thread.

The author of this thread want to develop the JDBC using "mysql.jar" hence he needs to use it at design time and runtime. The thread pointed out has complete details of how to do it. Check it out

I found the dicussion there very useful.

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma