cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP R3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

is this possible data in R3 ( IDOC)can send to another R3 system with the help of HTTP adapter( i mean URL).

If it is please give how to do that....

thanks in advance..

regards

Kumar...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sbhutani1
Contributor
0 Kudos

yes you can send data over HTTP. All you have to do is set up an RFC destination of type H and just use that destination in your ALE configuration.

Regards

Sumit Bhutani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumit

is it creates URL while sending this data .i mean how it works it works through URl ...

Kumar..

sbhutani1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishan,

Please refer to the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/da/11df3a9b10355ae10000000a11405a/content.htm

Here you will find the details of how type H destination works.

As per your question, we dont need to provide any URI/URL if the destination system is ABAP. You need to give the host name of that server and SAP will send the data over HTTP protocol to the target system.

Regards

Sumit Bhutani

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for you responce Sumit,

****If you want to establish an HTTP connection from an SAP system (client) to an HTTP server, you have the option of entering a fixed destination instead of a URL. ****

here it is saying instead of URL.

but my requirement demanding for URL ,Sumit do you have any idea how to do with using URL in this situation..

one morething if suppose as IDOC through HTTp coming from source R3 system and it is reaching Xi and it is not comming into target R3 system.and client giving me an URL and telling me to try to find out .....do u have any idea abt this..

Kumar..

sbhutani1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi krishna,

If you are trying to establish a connection pointing to XI server ABAP stack, then you have to define the path prefix while configuring the RFC destination. In the Target host you have to enter the name of the server and in the path prefix you have to enter URL /sap/XI/engine/?type=entry in service number you have to enter the service which is 5XXX00 where XXX is your client number.

I hope now it is clear to you about the URL, also let me know if you have any other doubt.

Also regarding your idoc problem, you can see transaction IDX5 in XI server for monitoring the idocs processed in XI. You will get the error details either in XI IDX5 or in R/3 WE02

Regards

Sumit Bhutani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

thanks for your responce but ia m missing some where

my interface is like that

R3(HTTP(IDOC))-----XI--

R3(idoc)

and currrent scenario is working like this and client provided me one url

URL looks like this

https://www.tps.xyz.com/xi/sap/xi/adapter_plain?bs=sender system&namespace=http%3A%2F%2Fsap.com%2Fxi%2FMM&interface=ORDRSP.ORDERS05&qos=EO

now clients prob is some server name is changed and interface is not working now they weant to resolve this issue ....

target system is where i am working and source system is my clients client...

-

one more thing if we sending IDOC from R3 (IDOC)to R3(IDOC) is this is the only way we can acieve ya we can workout this one ion any other way.

thanks for your time Sumit..

Kumar..

sbhutani1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

If the problem is in server name, then you have to find out the exact server name and you have to correct this URL by replacing the correct server name. after that you have to ask your client to make sure that this URL is working fine at their end.

Well as per your second question, this is not the only way of doing IDOC to IDOC scenario. Right now your client is using XI as a middleware to send the IDOC from HTTP. But if you dont want to send IDOC over HTTP, then you can configure the ALE for sending the IDOC from one system to another.

Basically the URL which you have provided in your question is the way to send the idoc to XI server. that means you can call this URL from any application to post an IDOC to XI server and then the XI server will pass this idoc to appropreate R/3 system.

Regards

Sumit Bhutani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

thanks for u r reply.i am using 2.0 here ..could u tell me in which area of XI i mean IR ,ID i can replace this server name in URl( where can i find this server name)..please help me in this case..

Regards

Kumar..

sbhutani1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

you can change your server name while creating your WSDL file from integration Directory using the wizard, there you can change your server name and port name when it will ask for the URL.

After exporting that WSDL file, you have to provide that WSDL to your client for calling you XI server for data exchange.

Regards

Sumit Bhutani

Ps reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

oner more thing .Xi rec message through bHttp and it have to send to another R3 system what are the basic configuarations we have to do while sending from Xi box to Target R3....and while we creating WSDL do we have to mention target system name also there( i mean target R3 system name)..

Regards

Kumar..

sbhutani1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

well for that you have to configure IDOC adapter to send the message to another R/3 system or you can configure RFC adapter in case you have RFC enabled function module in the target system which you want to call for message exchange.

In case of WSDL you need not define the target system name there. because target system will call this WSDL and we cannot define which system will call this service. that means anyone system can call this WSDL.

By the way I have replied your queries from number of messages and you have awarded points to only one message. I mean were all the other messages not useful to you. If they were useful then they have the rights to get the points as well.

Regards

Sumit Bhutani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sumit,

thanks for u r special care of this issue ,sorry i dont know that i can give points toeach message and gave to u..in future if i have any probs i will try to contact u...

thank yiu very much..

Regrds

Kumar..

Answers (0)