cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in File-File Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am doing a simple file to file scenario and the scenario is getting executed successfully.

I am having a query that suppose at the target there is no folder existing where I needs to put the required file then I want one alert for this.

I hve tried doing the alert configuration, it is giving me a mail that error is there in the scenariobut it is telling me exactly where the error is occuring.

Kindly guide me on this how this can be done.

Warm Regards,

N.Jain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishu !

I don't know if you can catch the specific error...on idea: inside graphical mapping, create an UDF that verifies if the target directory exists. If it not exists, you can trigger an alert from that UDF.

Check this thread:

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-defined-function

Regards,

Matias.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishu,

Well this blog could help you out in properly configuring the alerts.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2328. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Hope this should help you.

Reward points if useful.

Thanks

Younus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

suppose you want to trigger alerts only if there is something wrong in posting the file,then u can select the adapter engine option in alert configuration in RWB.

similarly if u want to catch alerts in pipeline,then u can select IE in alert configuration,

to pin point exactly about the alert,we generaly use the container variables and create the long and short text using them,in that case u can give more appropriate alerts

Thanx

Aamir