cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCC for fields of different length

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on a file to RFC scenario in which am uploading the swipe in/out details of employees into SAP. The data from the recording machine comes as a file.

The problem is that, at different plants they have differnt make of time recording machines which gives data in different formats as below:

000003253 07080623550003 - format from plant1

000000115 2007080707041607 - format from plant2

000036273 07080706321 01 - format from plant 3

The first 9 digits - emp no, then a space

first 6(in first and third format)8 (in second format )digits in the second string - date

next 4 digits hours and minutes

next digit - if 1 - time in

if 0 - timeout

last 3 - ID of the time capturing machine

I was able to manipulate the first two formats in mapping itself. The problem is the third format which has a space in it.

Thanks and Regards

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had a similar issue with formating or extracting information from a string which can have information in different positions according to the sending system (upto 100 different variations which could change)

we fixed this by using a RFC look up...

let me know if you want more details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

What do you mean by a RFC lookup? is it a function module that you created to manipulate different format of data?

Thanks and Regards

Arun

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Can you tell me the logic you have applied,

I'll reply accordingly....

If you are doing a simple FCC with two nodes, one for Emp No, and next node for the combination of rest, then this can be achieved with a simple UDF.

The second node can be split in2 date, time, timein.out and ID based on an if condition

This spit can be trimmed to remove the spaces..

Pl temme if u need more clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

I have created two nodes, one for emp no and the rest as one node. I have done it by splitting the ID and trimming the value . I just want to know whether this can be acheived by any FCC parameter. I have already done wat you have said..

Thx for the suggestion

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

have a look at these links

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit - File to RFC

This will be also usefull

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

refer the thread.

pls reward if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abishek,,

I am done with the scenario, the problem is with the file content conversion, the links that u have sent has no relevence with the query that i have posted.

Regards

Arun