cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Periodic Scheduling of sequencial background job

Former Member
0 Kudos

I schedule monthly & weekly planning jobs. These jobs are scheduled one after another in a sequence. frequency of running these jobs is fix hence I want to schedule it on periodic basis. It possible for me to schedule single background job periodically but I don't know how to schedule sequncial backgorund jobs on periodic basis.

Regards,

Chetan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

When you use after job, only the first job is scheduled, but the other jobs will be launched one behind the other. This is the normal way that this schedule works.

Also, you can use process chains, here you can link all your jobs and send them by a trigger.

You can do this in transaction RSPC.

I hope this can help you.

Regards.

Marín.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Marin,

I tried by RSPC transaction, but couldn't do it properly, so can you send any link file which will help me to understand.

regards,

Chetan

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

I have a question,

Are your jobs mass processes, or ABAP programs?, because depend on the type you can follow two different ways to do the process chain.

Regards.

Marín.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if your jobs are simple and based on programs and variants you can out them as steps in a single job

in Sm36, after creating the first step... click on the icon for create and put the second program and variant and save.... continue this way till all your steps are in place.

if you have multiple steps already in your jobs you might have to include all to steps

pl note if one step fails all steps below will not be processed. If they were separate jobs linked in a chain you can still make them work if one fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Harish,

You have explained about creation of job by adding steps but my requirement is sequencing of Jobs.

Regards,

Chetan

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

i think unless you are using any of the parameters that come with a job, running a sequence of jobs sequentially one after the other would almost be the same as running a single job with steps one after the other

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

Did u tried with the option 'After Job'?

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

With "After Job", it schedules only first job periodically. Remaining chain doesn't get scheduled periodically.

regards,

Chetan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

As Kedar said u can Click the <b>After Job button</b> on the pop-up to give the Predecessor job name. Hope this will solve ur problem.

Regards,

Siva.

Message was edited by:

sivaprakash pandian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

I'm not very clear abt ur question.

But if u want to schedule a job on periodic basis then goto SM36 and create a create a job. Then click the <b>start condition button</b> on the top, immediately u will get a pop-up. In that click the <b>Immediate button</b> . On clicking that u will get a <b>check-box(Periodic Job)</b> in the bottom of the pop-up screen. Now mark that check-box and click the periodic values button which in turn returns the option for u. Let me know if need any other details.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

Thanks for your reply.

for execution of single job periodically I am following the same procedure mentioned by you.

I scheduled background jobs one after another by clicking on start condition & in pop-up select "After job". this way I schedule 7 to 8 jobs one after another.

So in first scheduled job you will find 7 to 8 successor jobs.

Now if I try to make it periodic, then only first job becomes periodic & successor jobs doesn't get released periodically.

I want to make entire chain of jobs to be scheduled peiodic.

Regards,

Chetan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chetan,

What I understand is that you have say 3 jobs and after the first one is over, the second should be triggered and similarly for the third.

For this you can add a last step in the first job, that triggers as event. Similary the first step in the second job will be a accepting that trigger i.e a follow up of the trigger. Thus the second job will be automatically executed after the first one is over. Now you can schedule just the first job and the second and the third jobs will be triggered automatically.

Regards,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kedar,

I tried to schedule by your way i.e. clicked on "Start condition" then in pop-up click on "After event" & put last step in event but I got message that event not defined. so please help

Regards,

Chetan