Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disaggregation is bit incorrect in APO DP

former_member243834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am working in APO DP 4.0. There is problem in diaggregation. I will summarize the scenario below:

I have one key figure Corrected History whose disaggregation is based on another key figure sales order history. I need to copy sales order history to corrected hostory at aggregate level. The data for sales order history is like below for 3 customers.

Period 1 Period 2 Period 3

Total 200 200 400

Customer 1 100 200 300

Customer 2 0 0 100

Customer 3 100 0 0

I copy this sales order history to Corrected History at aggregate level using macro. It gets copied correctly. And the data looks like below:

Corrected History

Total 200 200 400

When I hit detail all button to see the copies results at customer level the data gets disaggregated incorrectly and is seen somewhat like below:

Corrected History

Total 200 200 400

Customer 1 100 180 300

Customer 2 20 0 80

Customer 3 80 20 20

Data gets disaggregated but a bit off and incorrectly. Does someone have idea as to what is happening and what could be the reason behind this and how to correct it?

Thanks and Best Regards, Manoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

When you use proportional factors the APODPDANT stores the factors based on a total of 10,000.

If you want to assure that your copied data will be the same, you need to copy this data at the level that you calculated the original. So, any value obtained via disaggregation will be the same in both key figures.

I hope this can help you.

Regards.

Marín.

former_member243834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marín,

I am not using APODPDANT. I am using another key figure in planning area as a base for disaggregation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you first make the aggregated level of the target KF zero before copying the data from the other key figure

The disaggregation based on the other KF will take effect only if there is no other proportion already in place.,.. else it will folow the same proportions already existing ignoring the proportions in the source KF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was it zero only before the copy? Are you using period and months both in DP. Can that may be the reason?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess it has to do with two time periods used in demand planning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you are copying from another KF and expect the disaggregation to be the same as in the source KF, why not copy directly at the detailed level?? That way you dont have to depend on system disaggregation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also did the analysis. Actually the data loading is at aggregated level and desired copy should be at aggregated level only. Is it a kind of must? Otherwise you can go ahead with the suggestion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are running this macro in a mass process, then you can specify that disaggregation must be at all levels, you do that marking all the check boxes that appear when you click on Aggregation level button.

In fact, you need to run the macro in a mass process, because this macro has to run for every CVC. If you do this, you avoid the use of disaggregation copying at the lowest level of detail (CVC per CVC).

Regards

Marín.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess as manual process it should work correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, the way that i told you is to avoid disaggregation, not to correct it.

I know that when you copy info, disaggregation affects the values, the copy is not identical due to rounding , so i prefer to avoid it.

I think that you must do this if there is no other way to correct it, because when you use your forecast, you must be use it at detail level.

I did a little test similar to your scenario, but it works well to me, i use few data, so i don't know what can be the error.

I will try to find a solution and come back with it.

Regards.

Marín.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using storage bucket profile having both month and period settings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, i understand you.

So your problem could be that you need to do a time disaggregation.

You need to specify in your planning area that you want to disaggregate your key figure in time based on other key figure.

In Time-Based Disaggregation field select K, and in Time-Based Disaggregation Key Figure select the key figure that you want to use, you may select Sales Order History to disaggregate Corrected History in time too.

All this setting must be specified in plannning area, Tcode /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN.

Regards.

Marín.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess time based disaggregation as an addition will do fine as suggested by Marin. There are following relevant notes for this problem:

758618, 149031, 410680

former_member243834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marín and Harish,

Thanks a lot for the effort. Marín, you are really cool.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad you got your answer

... Btw, looks like you managed to give yourself points

Former Member
0 Kudos

it would be good idea to use the same id to post the question and not award points to your other id :).... the moderators here are a bit strict

former_member243834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Harish...your observations are incorrect...

Former Member
0 Kudos

pl tell me what past of it was incorrect?

.....is that the reason for changing your profile name to MM? subscribers to the posts have the old profile name in the mails that come from the posts

former_member243834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I changed to my name display as MM because it confuses persons like you with Manoj Mishra. I hope you will be less confused now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in that case.... my apologies for that. it sure was confusing!!

Answers (0)