Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file to soap scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

XI3.0 SP09 supports this scenario ?

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40728f7b-0401-0010-d9bc-8c7...

dushanth.

Message was edited by:

dushanth ry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dushant,

I think U want to practice SOAP sceanrio, with SOAP as receiver adapter.

If that s the case U shall get plenty of web service from web or u can create ur own web service in NWDS(after creating ur web service, u have to deploy to the J2EE server).

If u want to execute the same sceanrio then try coding the methods for the same in NWDS and deploy it, and download wsdl from wsnavigator page of ur J2EE server. And U can import them in XI.

while downloading WSDL, it will give three folders Config,PortType and Main. U have to import all three under external definitions and save them.

With Regards,

Manikandan Rajendran

Reward points if it helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Satish,

In the above PDF , its given that

<b>Now import Web Service metadata in the form of a WSDL file.</b>

Which webservice I have to import and from where ?

I think Config1_ReadObjBeanWSVi_Document is the WSDL file ? where can I download this wsdl file ?

Pls let me know

Thanks

dushanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dushanth,

He has used the his webservice wsdl. What ever webservice you are using in your scenario use the same WSDL. If you dont have the webservice wsdl then you should ask your web service guys for this.

Else

You have to create the datatype and message type for it.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In

Receiver communication channel

Adapter type : SOAP

In connection parameters:

Target URL ? (what should I give here?)

Pls let me know my understanding is correct or not

-

In this scenario, File adapter sends XML file and XML payload is converted into CSV format by by webservice and sends it as a attachment to an email as attachment.

In this case we are not giving any email id and password , so how is this happening ?...

Thanks

dushanth

Message was edited by:

dushanth ry

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey dushant,

In the doc you mentioned, The web service does the processing for sending the mail in csv format..

If you want to do a demo scenario involving soap adapter, you can find a lot of free webservices from

http://www.webservicex.net/WCF/default.aspx

and

http://www.xmethods.net/ve2/index.po

You can use the wsdl's provided for ur demo scenarios

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dushant,

Ur understanding is correct.

SOAP or Webservices is nothing but set of methods which perform some set of services or funcitons(like for example coding a methiod for sending mail, connecting database for retrieval of values etc..) exposed over web.

Try doing some simple SOAP receiver scenario first and understand its structure and logic...then u ll be in ease while doing this.

To answer ur question in short, mail id and mail server name, all its relevent details are coded in the web service methods itself....

U can find the Target Url Tag in Main Type Wsdl, Traget Url means where ur webservice is deployed or running.

Hope this helps,

Reward points if it helps.

With Regards,

Manikandan Rajendran