cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master data replication from R/3 to SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

If I were to pick customizing object DNL_CUST_BASIS3 to download via transaction R3AS, does that download all the units of measurement, dimensions, and currencies from an R/3 system to SRM? If SRM already has such data from one backend system, what's going to happen if I were to replicate similar data from a different backend system? How does SRM sync what it already has with what's new coming in? I don't want it to wipe out what we currently have in SRM.

If DNL_CUST_BASIS3 also delivers currencies, then what are BBP_GET_CURRENCY and BBP_GET_EXRATE for? Are these to be used only when there are new additions/changes in currencies & exchange rates in the backend?

Thanks for your help.

SN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The currency table is not prefixed by the logical system from where you replicate the data.

Thus, each time you run the dnl.. , you overwrite evrything.

BBP_GET_EXRATE is to replicate the exchange rate.

BBP_GET_CURRENCY is to replciate the currency codes.

DNL_CUST_BASIS3 is to replicate UOM and ISO codes

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then, I assume that it's safer to run BBP_GET_EXRATE and BBP_GET_CURRENCY separately as it does ask for specific BE system. I assume that DNL_CUST_BASIS3 will overwrite existing UOM & ISO codes that are currently maintained in SRM for another R3 system?

Thanks,

SN

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes : correct.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Yann. That answered my questions and points are rewarded.

SN

Answers (0)