cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete entries in the Price qualified lookup table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to automatically delete associated entries from the Price table when an item is deleted from Catalogue Items? In a test, the Catalogue Items totalled 9000, whereas there were 15000 entries in the Price table (which still held entries from deleted items).

Deleting these orphan entries would currently have to be a manual task (e.g. searching by a unique item identifier or mapping through a "marked for deletion" flag in a Delete field).

Any suggestions / ideas would be much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dylan,

As per my knowledge in MDM, tables are linked to each other on various business needs, but when you really delete an entry(ies) from an particular table always prompt you and say that it got linked with the other table records, where in case it wont delete the corresponding entry(ies) from the other table where it got linked.

hope this clarifies you some extend...

thanks

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your reply - I have encountered that and it does make sense (i.e. deleting a price entry before removing the catalogue item).

However, I was specifically wondering about removing orphaned price entries associated with deleted / obsolete items. It currently looks like maintenance will indeed have to be a manual process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dylan,

I believe you are correct in being stuck with a manual process. Because the price entries are in their own table SAP MDM has no way of knowing whether they should be there or not. If some cases you may want to keep tables with info that is not currently in use, but may be needed in the future.

One other option, that may not be worth the heavy workaround, could be to create a new pricing table. Export the info linked to the original and import it back into the new table, thus the new table only contains the attached price entries. Then delete the original table to replace with the new one.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tim. I guess we'll have to maintain this table another way (I'm thinking of importing in a deletion flag into this table along with the catalogue items).

And that is an ingenious workaround - though you're right about it being an intensive process.

Answers (0)