cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a filter over a standard list ?

Joseph_BERTHE
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to make a filter (programmatically) to the equipment list. I would like to filter those equipment according to a specific status.

Could you guive me some tips or procedure to reach my goal.

King regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raghavendra_sn
Explorer
0 Kudos

could you give us an example so that this would help us to understand your scenario better

Joseph_BERTHE
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

So I'm using MAM 3.0. And in the Function Location screen, there is a list of equipment.

I would like to modify this list in filtering those equipment according to the user status (or somthing else).

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Big change to explain it completly in a message answer.

You have to create a query that does what you want (1), then you need to change the onLoad method of the view in question to change the list data with the one your query returns (2) and if you have new columns/text to display you might want to change the listdef.xml, linkbuilder or syncbo class (3).

Now don't forget that you have to do such things in separate customer files/classes. This is all explained in the enhancement guide coming with MAM.

Thank you,

Julien.

Joseph_BERTHE
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your anwser.

So I tried to understand what you told me, but, I don't get the seconde part. (I don't know how to create a query yet, but it is not the main purpose). I don't see where should I put my custom query ?

I've tried to isolate all onLoad() function regarding to the equipment, but, nothing talk about any query ! I've check out those files :

com.sap.mbs.mam.techobj.control.EquipmentDetail
com.sap.mbs.mam.techobj.control.helper.impl.TechObjUIHelperImpl

Am I wrong ?

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Look at the tech object UI helper class. Method

public void setupEquipmentList(Context context) throws BOException, ProcessException 

for the line

setListAttributes(context, equipmentListHeader, condition, null, null, null, "onNavigate");

. The condition must be changed to reflect your query condition.

Thank you,

Julien.

Joseph_BERTHE
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks very much, I give you 10 points.

It works

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Berthe,

Can you clarify this? Do you want the user to filter of status or you want to display only a filtered list?

In the user case, you have to play with the search and UI (Laptop or PDA?). In the second case, you can change the manager for equipment and change the query to add your filter.

Thank you,

Julien.