cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document for configuring Early watch alerts And issue tracking system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Iam on SAP Solution Manager 4.0 and need step wise step procedure document for configuring Early watch alerts and Issue tracking system in solman 4.0 . I hv checked Help site and other standard config docs by SAP but getting confused and things are not working ,so help shall be appreciated.

My Email id is reachme.saumya@gmail.com .

Requested to revert at earliest as iam in urgent need of it .Points guaranteed.

Thanks and Regards,

Somya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Somya,

setting up EWA is explained in Application help of SAP Solution Manager.

It would be helpful to know, what you have already done and what is causing problems for you.

Prerequisite to process EWA is to configure all steps described in the Basic Settings of SAP Solution Manager Configuration guide (tx SPRO).

The configuration of Issue Tracking is also described in the IMG (Basically, it's required to activate a BC Set).

Path in IMG: Basic Settings -> Standard Configuration of Basic Settings -> Solution Manager -> Basic BC-Sets for Configuration -> Activate Issue Tracking BC Set

Access the configuration guide:

- run transaction SPRO

- choose SAP Reference IMG

- expand tree SAP Solution Manager -> Configuration -> Basic Settings

- follow the steps under

• "Wizard-based Initial Configuration of Basic Settings", if your SolMan system has not been yet configured or

• "Standard Configuration of Basic Settings", if you have done already some configuration.

Best regards,

Ruediger Stoecker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

i need step wise procedural document for both the features at earliest,its very urgent.Points guaranteed.

Regards,

Somya

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Somya,

Have you read my reply above? Any comments on that?

Answers to my questions would be helpful for me and other SDN members to guide you through.

Best regards,

Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i hv , i knew all that abt SPRO and IMG . I hv even gone through tutorials and documents related to configuring EWA and Issue tracking system but iam still confised with the procedure and no step wise procedure is there anywhere so i need one. i need step wise step procedural documents for the same.Again repaeting points guaranteed.

Regards,

Somya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need them at earliest plz ,its very urgent please.

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Somya,

thanks for your answer.

What's required to setup EWA:

transaction SMSY

- satellite system has been defined in SMSY

- RFC destination (minumum required is the back destination from satellite system to SolMan; I would also recommend to create the read destination

- SDCCN needs to be activated in satellite system

run SMSY, Environment -> Solution Manager Operations -> Administration SDCCN, select the system and choose activate

DSMOP

- create a solution landscape

- goto to view operations setup, Solution Landscape -> Solution Landscape Maintenance

- create a logical component and assign the system to the logical component

- assign the logical component to the solution landscape

==> EWA session is automatically scheduled in SAP Solution Manager.

- you find the EWA in Operations -> Solution Monitoring -> EarlyWatch Alert

click on the entry and follow the instructions.

I hope, that the this brief description was helpful for you.

Best regards,

Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tat is too brief ,i dont think tat only this much description wll be sufficient, wt abtr schedling jobs in transaction sdccn in Solman system and other satellite systems . I need a detailed step wise document please

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

Requested to provide the documents at earliest as this is very urgent and i need them badly. My email id is reachme.saumya@gmail.com . I assure u of the reward points. they r guaranteed.

Thanks,

Saumya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to service.sap.com/rkt-solman --> Solman 4 --> Technology Consultants and System Administr --> EarlyWatch Alert (EWA), Service Level (SL) and Solution Reporting

Go through the sims , its well documented there with screens . Put some time and read the document and start doing , if you face any errors in between , post it here we will be glad mto help you.

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Plz revert over step wise configuration for Issue Tracking .Points guaranteed.

Regards,

Somya