cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Encumbrances or Commitments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on SRM 5.5 in Extended Classic Mode. There are situations where we have to 'Complete' PO (say the requirement that generated the PO is no longer necessary etc.). Since the PO has been ordered and backend documents generated we have to 'Complete' instead of 'Delete'. But the process of 'Complete' does not release the encumbrances or commitments on the R/3 side. Any idea how to clear those encumbrances. Is there any T code or report either on SRM or R/3 side to accomplish this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found out a way. Steps are as follows

1) Go to Item tab of PO

2) Go to Statistics link

3) You will see two check boxes a) No further goods expected b) No further invoice expected. If you check both of these check boxes for all the items and then 'Complete', all the encumbrances will be released.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have doubt on the "COMPLETE BUTTON" functionlity.From your thread it seems that it is used for short closing the PO which is not the case.

By selecting check boxes a) No further goods expected b) No further invoice expected, all the encumbrances will be released without selecting the complete button.

The funtion of "Complete Button" I am still breaking my heads with SAP and neither the functionality details have been specified in any of the SRM 5.0 Release notes.

Pritesh

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Complete functionnality require the following OSS note :

1066895 - Complete button in PO does not function

Kind regards,

Yann