cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartForms, TrueType and Zebra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm designing labels in SmartForms for a Zebra printer. Everything is working till I arrive to print a kind of symbols (font type CS Symbol 2), which is a TrueType font... I registered it by SE73, but I don't know what to write at: RTF Text. Is it necessary if I am creating it to use it with smartforms?

Well, I don't put anything there and I defined a new smartstyle whith this new font type.

When I write F and I apply smartstyle for that font (in CS Symbol 2 is a flame - Flammable - ), I can see that it shows correctly (on screen), but when I print it with a zebra printer, it prints an F letter!

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Oscar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AlexGiguere
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, you have to make sure this font has been uploaded to the zebra printer, there is a zebra utility program to do that.

Please check OSS note 201307

thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Finally I've updated the truetype font to the zebra printer. I've defined also with se73 like truetype font, but it still printing F instead a flame! The font name have to be the same as the printer? Have I to specify at the smartform the font?

It doesn't work

AlexGiguere
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar, you have to make sure you have the right device type for your output device, what is the name of the device type? It should be ZLZEB2 Zebra label printer 203 dpi, also you have to make sur you are using to correct firmware (ZPL 2) on your zebra printer, please give me the model of your zebra printer,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Finally I've solved by my own, downloading the font to printer and following notes. Thanks for your help.