cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow access to repository through API

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My problem is that my access to the repository is very slow and I don’t know why.

I’m accessing the repository as suggested from SAP with the SP5 Patch 1, through a Java class ‘Repository’. But when I run this line of code it is not responding for ~10 sec.

<i>GetRepositorySchemaCommand getRepositorySchemaCommand = new GetRepositorySchemaCommand(connection);

getRepositorySchemaCommand.setSession(repositorySession);

getRepositorySchemaCommand.execute();

10 sec delay

repositorySchema = getRepositorySchemaCommand.getRepositorySchema();</i>

Is it normal that it takes so long time or what is wrong?

Is there a way to speed it up?

Thanks for any response.

If you would like to see the full ‘Repository’ file I can post it, didn’t wanted to spam if not need

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also find the login process to be slow.

Setting the UserSession and RepositorySession and doing the execute() take too long.

What I had to do, was connect once in my EJB and keep the connection alive until the ejbRemove() method gets called.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This class uses XML?. Because it may be a problem with the MSXML Parser version. What version do you have?

In this link <b><a href="http://support.microsoft.com/kb/269238">MSXML Parser Versions</a></b> you can check the latest versions.

I hope its helps,

Greetings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mariano,

In my case it cannot be MSXML Parser. My MDM server is running on Solaris OS. My web application (that has the slow connect times) is a Java/WebSphere application also running on Solaris OS. So Microsoft Windows is not in the equation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have the same problem!

Getting the RepositorySchema is extremely slow. It takes at least 8 seconds for a small repository. We have MDM 5.5 SP5 in the newest version and older versions, its all the same.

We need fast access to MDM with MDM Java API...

Message was edited by:

Steve Schneider