cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM admin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the procedure to administrate the installed MDM as a BASIS professional? can anbody help me in knowing the procedures to be followed after the installation of MDM. I had installed MDM in my pc.

Thanks,

Kannan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

I have replied some stand SAP MDM administration questions in some other thread...have copied the same here ...pls go thru...

Please find my comments below....

1- Are there any specific (system maintenance) background jobs that need to be scheduled in MDM on daily, weekly, monthly schedule?

<b><i>It depends on the Business or project where you are in some time you have schedule your syndicator extract.</i></b>

2- If there are, then are the MDM background jobs scheduled with SM37?

<b><i>No. Its possible with MDM ports , batch scripts and so ..Its really depends on the MDM version which you are using.</i></b>

3- Does MDM have process chains?

<b><i>No.</i></b>

4- Can we archive the MDM data?

<b><i>Yes.</i></b>

5- What is the process of transfering data from MDM to XI and to ECC & vice-versa ?

<b><i>The Landscape needs to be connect to each other, it’s moreover xml data ex-change between all these… let me know if u need in detail.</i></b>

6- What are the steps performed in realization phase, regression testing, pre go-live phases in a MDM implementation?

<b><i>Sample loads(import), Data validations(Datamanager), Extract samples(Syndicator).</i></b>

7- What are initial mandatory and optional tasks performed after a successful MDM installation?

<b><i>Make sure all the components doing its basic functions, especially you are able to connect to MDM server and start accessing the desired repository.</i></b>

7b- What are the important post-install tasks after a MDM install?

<b><i>Refer point # 7</i></b>

8- What is the difference between MDM-SRM catalog and a seperate SRM CCN Catalog?

8b- How is the MDM-SRM Catalog maintained?

i.e. Are there Tcodes to maintain them?

<b><i>No transaction codes in MDM, in SRM don’t have idea…</i></b>**

9- How do we monitor and performance tune MDM system ?

<b><i>I don’t have answer, even am looking fwd to see this by someother experts.</i></b>

10- Can be integrate BI, XI, SRM systems into a central MDM?

10b- If integration of the above components is possible, then how is it done?

<b><i>Basically All SAP related systems can be integrated with MDM thru XI. You can have any number other systems connected with MDM at the same time.</i></b>

11- Can we store MDM information in SLD (system landscape directory)?

<b><i>Yes.</i></b>

12- How are the MDM patches installed i.e (through SPAM or SDM or JSPM)

12b- How are MDM frontend patches installed?

<b><i>With the help of *.exe files</i></b>

13- Is MDM installations possible on all the Unix flavours i.e. Linux, AIX, Solaris, HP-UX etc.

<b><i>No idea.</i></b>

14- What is the role that needs to be assigned to a super MDM administrator?

<b><i>He should be an MDM console administrator as well as takes care of Data integrity and owner for all important maps…</i></b>**

15- What are the steps to migrate/ upgrade MDM database and repositories?

<b><i>Please refer the guides its big topic to discuss</i></b>

16- What are the steps to configure MDM Console, Import Manager, Data Manager and Syndicator.

<b><i>Each component has its own configuration options, make sure understand all the points and make necessary changes in the appropriate place based on the requirments.</i></b>

17- Any documents, URLs for the above MDM related info are most welcome.

Kindly email the same to me id: aleemae@gmail.com

18- Can we integrate MDM with solution manager?

18b- Can we configure MDM alerts in CCMS i.e RZ20?

<b><i>No Idea.</i></b>

19- Is there a way to generate a MDM pre-defined content.

<b><i>Not sure.</i></b>

20- What would it take to implement Central Master Data Management using MDM with a single ECC 6 instance or XI or SRM or BI systems?

<b><i>CMDM more to do with MDM component Data manager, subsequently you can transfer those information to any of the mentioned source systems.</i></b>

21- What are the parameters that need to be considered while planning or sizing a <b><i>MDM system?

Please refer the Sizing guide available in the market place.</i></b>

22- Are there any documents for MDM go-live checks?

i.e. What actions need to be performed and what needs to be checked for a successful MDM go-live?

<b><i>Still doing the implementation we haven’t start the go-live will share once I have it.</i></b>**

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

V.,

Best starting point would probably be to review the Reference Guides. These will give you the background on setting up and administrating the different MDM components.

<a href="http://service.sap.com/installMDM">MDM Reference Guides</a>

Thanks,

Tim