cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning an exact time to poll data using JDBC Sender?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can I set an exact time to poll data from DB table?

I means, I want to poll data every 6 pm.

But I cannot find fields to set starting time.

There exist only poll interval fields in JDBC Sender.

Regards,

hiyoung.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This might help you out.

To run a scenario exactly once in a specific time every day / schedule a adapter

Note:You will need to have the authorizations of the user group SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR with the role modify.

Go to Runtime Workbench -> Component Monitoring -> Communication Channel Monitoring

Locate the link Availability Time Planning on the top right corner of your Communication Channel Monitoring page.

In your case, the requirement is to schedule the Sender file adapter daily once at 12:00 at midnight.

In Availability Time Planning, choose the Availability time as daily and say create.

Provide the details like the time 12:00

Then select the communication channel , goto the Communication Channels tab and filter and add the respective channel (File Sender).

Once all the above has been done 'Save' the changes.

<b>Cheers

*RAJ*

*REWARD POINTS IF FOUND USEFULL*</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, everybody.

I think I can solve it refer your comments.

Have a good days....

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the JDBC Receiver adapter with a select statement.

The you can build a small scenario with an abap proxy.

This proxy you call in a ABAP job.

ABAP Job at 6pm - > proxy - > JDBC Adapter

regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Robin.

I know about that.

But my scenario is JDBC -> Proxy -> JDBC callback scenario ( two - async. ).

So if the sender is an abap proxy, then it should be complicated.

Thank you.

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your query you can use datepart() function to check the time is 6p.m or not

i.e in your Query add this where clause....

where datepart(hh,getdate()) = '18'

Give your polling interval as 1 hour and not less or else it'll query twice in the 6pm - 7pm time

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

just check this blog.. it talks about the same

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/26/adapter-scheduling--hail-sp-19-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Simple. Set the polling interval value as 86400 (12460*60) and activate the channel at 6 PM.

Another option : Use availablity timings and set the timing for the sender communication channel from 6 PM to 6:30 PM every day and in the cc give the polling interval value larger than 1800 (may be 2000).

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Message was edited by:

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a simple way, but not really ideal because you can make change only at 6 PM. Furthermore the scheduling will allways starts later, because the 24h starts at the end of the last excecution. So if your adapter runs 1min, your scheduling will start at 7 PM after 2 months.

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..... Thomas~~

It's very fun^^;;

Thank you for your comment.

I'll take it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

>>>because the 24h starts at the end of the last excecution

Are you sure this is how adapters work?

I always beleived the polling works on the <b>start</b> of the execution. Eg. I have configured a cc with polling interval 5 secs and started it at 5:00:00. The adapter completes the work by 5:00:02. The next polling will start by 5:00:05 and not by 5:00:07.

Kindly let me know if I am wrong.

>>> you can make change only at 6 PM

This can be handled by start/stop button in communication channel. You make any change any time. Only make sure the communication channel is started exactly at 6 PM.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Jai,

instead of worrying about when exactly you need to start/stop or how long the adapter will take to run, it'd be much better just to use availability planning, as recommended by Raj.

Hi Hi (hehe),

if your desired scenario is jdbc -> proxy -> jdbc, you could change it a little to be abap proxy <-> jdbc (sync). In abap proxy, after you process the response, you could call the method to trigger the 2nd jdbc call.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interessting question. There is no standard way to schedule a sender adapter to a specific time.

A workaround could be to use a BPM, but this is not really a smart way...

Regards,

Thomas