cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than one "SOAP address location"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to have more than one"SOAP address" in wsdl file?

In ORACLE they could able to create a wsdl file with two SOAP address (SOAP 1.1 and 1.2). So, they have two bindings and two SOAP addresses in their WSDL.

Same way, can we have two SOAP address to access the service in XI?

Actually, using two different address we can access the same service.

Regards

Sara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can always set only one interface in the communication channel.

Than means you have only one endpoint in each wsdl.

Of course you can create two communication channels which invoke the same Interface. The both will access the same service.

Second idea is to create a second outbound interface which has the same inbound interface as receiver.

(With PI 7.1 it will be possible that one service Interface has more than one operation, so i guess you will have more than one endpoint in the wsdl as well.)

regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

>>>Of course you can create two communication channels which invoke the same Interface. The both will access the same service.

If it is two communication channel then I should have two different wsdl file, but my question is one wsdl file with different soap address/endpoints.

Conclusion : It is not possible in current version of XI, but its possible with the PI7.1 version. I have to wait for the Sepetember release to work it out. Right?

Regards

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara

In PI 7.0 u can only use one message protocol in a communication channel

Vaibhav

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> >>>Of course you can create two communication

> channels which invoke the same Interface. The both

> will access the same service.

>

> If it is two communication channel then I should have

> two different WSDL file, but my question is one WSDL

> file with different soap address/endpoints.

You can have one WSDL file that have two endpoints for one service which are bound to one bindings but what's the point to do that for one interface?

You can't generate that kind of WSDL file via IR but you can create this WSDL file manually.

Regards,

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A wsdl like a normal webservice is possible to have several operations.

like create, delete, update.... whatever..

Right know one service interface in XI has only one Message type.

With 7.1 one service Interface can have several operations.

So you can use the same interface for different requests. (like. create, delete ...)

Right know a work arround is to specifiy a global message type which includes all possible request message and you do a interface determination by payload.

But i miss the point ... what you try to do ... could you describe your task at all?

regards,

robin