Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To include Z_EASYDMS_GETDOCTYPES in R/3 system:

former_member631208
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have installed SAP Easy Document Management 6.0.0.0: SP03 Patch 01..

When I save a new document under SAP easyDMS..I'm not able to assign document type and characteristics to the document..

For this I learnt I should have FM Z_EASYDMS_GETDOCTYPES..

Can any one suggest..is there any note to implement this FM or I should create them manually..and how the document types used in R/3 to be included in the FM..

Thanks in advance..

Murali.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check note 694747.

Rgds,

Anu

former_member631208
Participant
0 Kudos

I tried the note and created Z_EASYDMS_GETDOCTYPES but..

When I get "create document" pop-up.. I assigned the document type "SPE" also I have two characteristic "Content" and "Target audience"..for this also I assignedsome values to them..

When I apply or press ok ..I get the following error message "I:26:504 bmp THU"

Can any one please help me about this??

Thanks,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plz check note 948177 and 967839.This will fix this

Regards,

Anubhav

former_member631208
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The note 948177 can't be implemented..and I implemented note 967839...but still the problem exist..it is showing the same error.

If I save the document(which is indesktop) in to SAP Easy DMS..the pop-up for Document storage comes only when I close the document...after selecting the document storage..then the "Create document" of Easy DMS pops up...

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to reset the rfc cache and restart easyDMS.

Regards,

Anubhav

former_member631208
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please describe the steps? how to reset RFC cache?

Thanks,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Login to easyDMS. Click on Preferences (next icon to logon/logoff) . there select the system tab and you will find a button 'rfc cache'. Click on that and then logoff from easyDMS and restart.

Rgds,

Anubhav

former_member631208
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found "settings" instead of "Preferences" when I right click SAP Easy Doc Mgmt...

but I could clk on the button 'RFC Cache' as the same way mentioned..

when I log off and re-enter the SAP Easy Doc Mgmt I get the error pop-up "Error in rfcCall: CPIC-CALL: 'CMSEND : rc = 25..when I click ok then I get another pop-up 'Error initializing BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETLIST'..when I give ok for that also another pop-up 'Error in rfc call: FU_NOT_FOUND' comes up..

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, that is strange. In case you are able to login, try delete local files and reset rfc cache again.

Rgds,

Anu

former_member631208
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now I'm able to Log on..but the main issue is..when I save a word document which is in desktop in to SAP Easy Doc mgmt..

At times I'm not getting 'Create document' pop-up (which comes only when I close the document) where you will assign document type and the characteristics..even if the pop-up comes...then I get the bmp error..

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are working with Word/excel/ppt etc then you need to close the document to allow checkin which is standard behavior. Because these applications have a lock on the file and easyDMS can not checkin the files which are locked. But with notepad you wont face this issue,

Now for your bmp problem, this should be solved by note. The other thing you can do is to create a WS application 'THU' in R/3.

Regards,

Anu

former_member631208
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please provide me steps? How to create WS application in R/3??

Thanks,

Murali.

david_deeg
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

WS applications are defined in the customizing. T-Code SPRO then choose

SAP Reference IMG -> Cross-Application Components -> Document Management -> General Data -> Define Workstation Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly..once this is done.it should work!

Rgds,

Anu

former_member631208
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The WS application 'THU' already exist which is defined as

Description-Thumbnail, suffix- jpg, ArchID- * , StartAuth- 'X' , NoRename- 'X', Fileformat- *:jpg, *.jpeg, *.JPG, *.JPEG under Define workstation application in network..

What about the notes??

Thanks & Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, add *.bmp also in the extension for THU applicatin.

What is happening here is tht easyDMS is trying to checkin the thumbnail image for the ppt file and it takes the WS application THU for thumbnails. Since he *.bmp extn is not defined in backend you get this I...message. Actually it is a message to tell the users that the file extn does not match with the selected Application type. So one way is to define the message with the help of notes or better add the file extension in backend to avoid this.

Hope this works for you.

Regds,

Anu

former_member631208
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was not able to add *.bmp in the field Fileformat- *:jpg, *.jpeg, *.JPG, *.JPEG....is there any difference if I remove one upper case or Lower case extension.

Also there is another entry for bmp files itself...and I'm trying to load Word file and not PPT!!

Thanks,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For THU type if bmp entry is there then its ok else you need to add it.

Even for word file, you have thumbnails so easyDMS tries to checkin the thumbnail.

You can open the word file in question and go to file properties (in MS word), there you can uncheck the option 'save preview file' and then checkin to avoid thumbnails.

regards,

Anu

former_member631208
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I saved the word document!! (and also assigned doc type and characteristics) but I'm not getting the MS icon for word document when I login again but can see the document when I double click ..

Thanks & Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you are not getting the MS icon then what is displayed in easyDMS next to document description?

former_member631208
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes the file name has extension .doc but why I was not able to see the document itself ? but when I double click on that row I could able to view the contents of word file..

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am confused. When you have created the document in easyDMS, you will see the DIR like you see in standard windows..its just like file name. So where is the missing icon?

Regards,

Anu

former_member631208
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I see the document properties its mentioned that it will open with Microsoft word..but could not see the MS word icon..

Any way..Thanks for your help Anubhav....

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. You are always welcome.

Still , if you dont see the MS icon then what kind of icon is appearing? This might be the icon for DIR.

Regards,

Anu

former_member631208
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no such icon visible and it is blank space...Actually you can see the description, file name, document type, version..but you can't see the document..

If you double click that area..the document opens..quite confusing..

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I neasyDMS, you will see the same as you see in windows explorer (only description/file name/size etc) and you have to double click or right click-view to see it.

Rgds,

Anu

Answers (0)