Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Rules in IDOC Processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Special Rules in IDOC Processing

Can anyone of you let me know what are these special rules in IDOc processing...?

We can see this in OVA9 t-code. Rules like 01, 02, 03 .... and so on..

Table T663A...

where do we define these..?

where can we see the coding behind these...?

thanks in advance;;;

Rgds,

Priyanka...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. Here is the secret:

Run Transaction SE11. Select the Radio Button for Domain, and enter AUTOM. Click on Change, then select the language you want to maintain it in (DE or your logon lang.).

Select the Value Range tab. There you will see all of the current values. If any of the values Z0 - Z9 are available, enter the text name of the customer for which you need a new special rule. If not, create your own with a Yn value. Save and Activate. This puts the value in table DD07T and it can the be assigned via OVA9 to the customer.

DD07T is accessed in BAdI IDOC_INPUT_DELINS referenced above by Akmal. You can then use Case logic in this program to do whatever you need to do with this customer's IDoc's before they are processed into sales orders by SAP.

Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please - I know what the Special Rules can do. I can get to the BAdI and see the code, so I don't need an explanation of the capability. But I can not figure out how to create a new rule - how do you maintain the data in T663A? How do I add a value to domain AUTOM?

I have searched many forums and the internet and have not found this solution.

We have a customer who has decided to send us forecastes (EDI 830) with the same data in both the Accumulated Quantity Recieved and the Target Accumulated Quantity. SAP sees that as the order being completed and refuses to update the Scheduling Agreement. I need add a rule in OVA9 for this customer so I can intercept the data in IDOC_DATA_MODIFY and zero out SOLLFZ in the E1EDP10 segment.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Priyanka,

probably you mean the field T663A-AUTOMO (special rule).

This field gives you a possibility to develop some special coding in user-exits for the determined car manufacturers. In the standard system there is only a special coding for car manufacturer FORD :

IF T663A-AUTOMO = AUTOMO_FORD AND SCREL = '02'.

PERFORM FORD_MATERIALNUMMER USING RV45S-KDMAT.

ENDIF.

because FORD has some specialities concerning transmission of material number via IDOCs.

For all other car manufacturers there are no default rules in the standard systems.

This table T663A will be used only if you apply the IDOC with a new delivery schedule to a scheduling agreement (the table is not used in VA32) via the function module IDOC_INPUT_DELINS.

In this function module there are numerous user-exits, and here you can develop special coding which will be activated only for determined car manufacturer, for determined customer and unloading point.

From my practice I know only a few customers which use this possibility.

If you do not want to develop your own coding, then you can forget this setting.

As I said above, it is only an additional tool available to develop user-exits by a more convenient way within the function IDOC_INPUT_DELINS.

I hope, this info helps you a little bit further.

Kind Regards,

Akmal Vakhidov

Development Support SD, SAP, Walldorf/Germany

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

any update on this...?

where do we define special rules...?

each rule refers to a user exit...where can we see the code behind each of these rules.

please let me know...

Rgds,

Priyanka

jiteshmehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Priyanka

F1 help is quite useful to understand

Special rules for automobile industry

Determines which special rules apply to processing the incoming EDI documents of a particular automobile manufacturer.

Standard Settings

The system contains a wide range of automobile manufacturers.

Procedure

You can use this field to refer to any of the the various <b>user exits</b> for EDI processing.

This fields are used in user exits,

01 Audi

02 BMW

03 Ford

04 MB

05 Opel

06 VW

07 Saab

08 Volvo

09 PSA

10 Renault

All this seems to be Related to Automobile