cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Conversion without key field value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to do a content conversion which includes a record structure Header,1,Detail,*

I dont have any key field value in the header nor in the detail. Can this be achived using FCC or should i go for Java.

Rgds

Aditya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you specified a variable number of substructures for Recordset Structure, in other words, at least one substructure has the value ‘*’, then the substructures must be identified by the parser from their content. A key field must be set with different constants for the substructures. In this case, you must specify a key field, and the field name must occur in all substructures.

Vaibhav

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Without key field value u can do it using FCC. Just don't provide anything against that field.

see the following links and make an entry according to your structure.

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/27/content-conversion-the-key-field-problem

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>I dont have any key field value in the header nor in the detail. Can this be achived using FCC or should i go for Java.</i>

>>

in case you dont have a key field then you cannot read header and detail in the way you want it to be ie Header,1,Detail,*.

A work around wud be to read each line as a single record and then build your target using some logic in the mapping.

Try to read the file as in the below blog and then build your logic in mapping -

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/29/night-mare-processing-huge-files-in-sap-xi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

I think if u having multiple records then one shud hav key fields,

pls check 4th point in this guide

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/troubleshooting%2bthe%2bfile%2badapter

Also check this discussion::

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try this

Header.fieldSeparator->|

Header.endSeparator->'nl'

Header.keyFieldValue->1

Header.keyFieldlnStructure->ignore

Header.fieldNames->flag,field1,field2,----

Detail.fieldSeparator->|

Detail.endSeparator->'nl'

Detail.fieldNames->flag,Field3,Field4,----

DetailRecord.keyFieldValue->2

DetailRecord.keyFieldlnStructure->ignore

Regards,

S.RamNarender

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vasanth,

I want to pick up the file using the same.

I want to configure the sender FCC not the reciver FCC

Rgds

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos