Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounting Entry for Depot Excise Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

We make a STO from factory to depot. I have posted the depot excise invoice via J1IJ but Im unable to see the accounting entry for the excise invoice..

Im able to see the acounting entry for excise invoice for factory sales thru J1IIN..

Pls advise

Rgds..Vinz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vinz,

For Depot Invoice, the accounting entries does not flow while creating Excise invoice through J1IJ.

The depot invoice means u r transfering the excise duty to the party buying the material. The duty has already been paid by you. generally this Excise duty is added up in the basic price.

Reward if useful.

6 REPLIES 6

jiteshmehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vinz

Check your excise document in J_1IEXCHDR, and note down the field TRNTYP

i.e. Excise Transaction type -Excise TT

Then go to J1IT-> Accounting->Maintain Transaction Accounts, there for your TRNTYP find out entries are maintained properly.

Then go to Assign G/L Accounts to Transaction Types and Excise Groups

and check G/L accounts are assigned.

Regards

Jitesh

0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh

Thanks for yr reply.. We have already maintained those.. Should tehre be any account postings for depot excise invoice? If yes, how can we see those accounting entry for depot excise invoice?

Rgds..Vinz

0 Kudos

Dear Vinz

If you have checked in table your excise invoice is there can you tell me Excise TT of your excise invoice, as we don't have depot invoice , i want be able to tell you about account assignment.

if you have got Excise TT then check and tell what accounting assignment is made...

Regards

Jitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vinz,

For Depot Invoice, the accounting entries does not flow while creating Excise invoice through J1IJ.

The depot invoice means u r transfering the excise duty to the party buying the material. The duty has already been paid by you. generally this Excise duty is added up in the basic price.

Reward if useful.

0 Kudos

Hi DHA

Thanks for yr reply..Are you saying that the net value (basic price + excise) in depot sales order is what we going to charge the customer?

In this case when do we utilize the excise?

Rgds..Vinz

0 Kudos

Hi Vinz,

I would like to explore more for ur info.

When u create Excise invoice at Factory Using J1iin, accounting entries flow to the system. When u transfer it to Depot, u credit the Excise amount using MIRO and post it to RG23D ( Depot Register)

The value of the excise for which u have taken credit from ur factory would be passed on to customer now.

If you notice carefully, when u take credit of Excise entry in RG23d No accounting entry flows in the system, only value & qty gets updated to Register.

Generally, while deciding the selling price from depot u consider Basic price + Excise duty. since u are passing on the excise benefit to customer, using proforma excise invoice (transaction J1IJ)

So there is no wuestion of accounting entries.

Hey CIN Gurus.. correct me if i am haveing any misconcepts regarding this.

Hope this is clear to you now..

Reward if helpful..