cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPDS order ( uncomfirmed to confirmed?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created an SNP planned order (category EE). I then converted this SNP order into a PPDS order in APO (category <b>AI</b> <b>Not Firmed</b> <b>Unconfirmed</b>).

I then went to R/3 and checked the field "planned order" under the "firming" area which resulted in the APO order being converted to category <b>AJ firmed - uncomfirmed</b>

The question which I have is when does this order actually have a "CONFIRMED" status? What needs to be done in R/3 for this order to have a confirmed status?

Appreciate your help!

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A Planned Order will not be in CONFIRMED status. Confirmations are carried out in the Production Orders in R/3. Upon confirmation of all operations the Production Order in APO will get Confirmed status and change the Category group accordingly.

Thanks,

somnath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

But MATP check orders will be generated with satus (Confirmed , unfirmed)..How is it possibel. I remeber in one of training sessions i saw 'Availability check ' button in planned order or production prder screen ....

Theoritically speaking having confirmation at planned order level is beneficial rather than blindly converting to production order...

Do u remeber is there availability chec kbutton at any planned order screens..?

Thanks & regards,

Deepthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Perform ATP check for that planned order. If all the components available to accomplish that order it will be converted to confirmed order..

Please check SAP help documentation regarding this.

Thanks & regards,

Deepthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi -

Thanks for the reply. But for me to do an availability check I need a sales order. So if at the manufacturing location, there are no sales orders and they come in only at the DC level( and the receipts at the manufacturing location are not part of the check), how will the planned orders ever be "confirmed" ? Does it mean the planned orders will always be "unconfirmed"?

If you can send paste the link here which talks about the confimred and unconfirmed orders, it would help a lot.

Thanks!

Varun