Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web dynpro ALV and some other questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have couple of question for experts.

I am very much new into Web Dynpro world, and i have one web dynpro application built by my old colleague.

I want to add search feature into the application so that out of 1000 records i could search one based on some field value, how can we achieve that ?

I have read lot abot ALV list in web dynpro, How to find that specific approach has been used into particular web dynpro application or not ?

Thanks for your time for reading my question and hope to get some response..

Pranav.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have read lot abot ALV list in web dynpro, How to

> find that specific approach has been used into

> particular web dynpro application or not ?

Component has SALV_WD_TABLE as used component and TABLE interface view is embedded into view.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

Hope the following helps you.

<u>Searching for a record based on some field value</u>

You can have an input field (bound to a context attribute) in your view. Whatever you type in the field will now be associated with the context attribute in your context. Place a button on your view. Define an action for this button (e.g. SEARCH), in the property onAction of the button. Now, in the action handler for the button (ONACTIONSEARCH), access the context attribute (can be done using WD Code Wizard). Then using your business logic, get the date into another context attribute, which can be displayed in the view using a textview (or textviews)

<u>Find whether ALV is used in your WD Application</u>

Go to your WD Component, in the used components you should find a use for component SALV_WD_TABLE. Also, in one of the views, the Interface View TABLE of the ALV component will be embedded in its ViewContainerUIElement. This information can be found in the Window of your own WD Component.

Regards,

Neha

<i><b>PS:Reward if helpful</b></i>