cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC to XI error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My scenario is SAP 4.6 RFC to XI 3.0 to SAP 4.6 RFC...I created function Z_SEND_PCARD_PAYMENTS in 4.6 but when it gets to XI I get the following message in XI log...JCO.Server could not find server function 'Z_SEND_PCARD_PAYMENTS'....The only way I could register 4.6 to XI was using XI hostname/service in SM59 gateway parameters....Will not register when I use the 4.6 hostname/service in RFC sender adapter and sm59 setup...Is this the problem or do I need additional config for rfc adapter...

Thanks,

Wiley

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

XID -> R/3 RFC (DEV System ID)

When you fill the RFC adapter in XID configuration make sure that you are filling the gateway information of DEV system with rest of the parameters. Activate your changes.

Logon to DEV system and go to SMGW check whether your program has been registered in the list. If not there is one other option <b>all clients</b> in the menu.

Once you see your program, then you have to point your RFC destination in DEV system to the same gateway server.

If you do not know what gateway server is being used, go to SMGW --> go to --> Parameters --> Display. If you scroll down you can see gateway and service.

When you create RFC Destination in DEV system Remember this is not the gateway server of XI system

Hope this helps.

SKM

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

take a look at my weblog to see how you configure your scenario:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

after you configure all from this weblog (step by step)

try your RFC call

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

One question, Is the sm59 config on the 4.6 SAP system? If it is, I have tried to test connect after from sm59 using your directions and I receive message Program Rfc2XmbService not registered....But if I config the rfc destination using the XI host/service in the gateway parameters and also in the xi rfc channel parameters I can connect using SM59 ping...

Thanks,

Wiley

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Is the sm59 config on the 4.6 SAP system?

yes

and you specify R3 data (server etc)

have you configured the channel first?

go step by step with the weblog

Regards,

michal