cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I am creating the process chain in BW dev environment. I ahve a situation where one ODS is getting data from 4 different ODS. Now do I need to create 4 different varients to activate the ODS after each load or I can create one varient once everything is loaded to my ODS to activate it?

I have same problem for deleting Index for the cube , Do I need to create seperate varient for seperate cubes to delete index from the cube before data loading or I can create one varient and use it all the time?

It would be nice if you can tell me why do we have this varients , can't we use processes directly ? I mean can't we just say Activate XYZ ods and delete index from ABC cube?

When we create AND process in process chain , what should we keep in our mind ? I dont see any settings required when we create AND process in process chain, its asking me to enter name only.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have to create AND for every ODS.For each of the 4 Ods you hav to give.if u give AND means 1st it will go to 1st ODS.After finishing the load it will go to the 2nd ODS.We have to give the parellel loding for this ODS.The creation is 1st we have to Create the Varient for hte Parallel process or Single process.We have to create the meta chain for the ODS if we are doing parallel loading means.Other wise single chain is enough.1st we have to create variant then we have to create infopackage and laterwe have to create ODS administor Data Targetlater uyou are loading in to Infocube means we need to create Delete Indexes and next we have to create Load in to Infocube and next Create Indexes.This is Single load.Parallel loading means we have to create AND process in between the every ODS.This is for Parallel loding purpose.Hope it will fix your problem.

Reward points if it is useful

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jiteshmehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kris

SD will be bot able to solve it, please post it to BW

Regards

Jitesh