cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 file sources to one SAP system.. Is BPM req?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario where I am getting file from two diff file sources, I have to perform N:1 mapping on them to send it to one SAP system?

do i need BPM, if both the files are available at the same time?

do i need BPM, if both the files are not available at the same time?

XIer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If we go for N:1 mapping, then without BPM its not possible.

<i>do i need BPM, if both the files are available at the same time?</i>

Yes - The BPM process will complete immediately.

<i>do i need BPM, if both the files are not available at the same time?</i>

Yes - But in this case the BPM process will not complete, it will wait until it receives the second message. Also it depends how u define the condition in Fork step.

Best regards.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

do i need BPM, if both the files are available at the same time?

But can't it be done without BPM?

XIer

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No.

N:1 is not possible without BPM!!!

Best regards,

raj.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey XIer,

you could even pool both messages at the same time (by setting additional files, in the sender file adpater), but 1 of those would be the payload and the other would be the attachment. And you can't retrieve attachments content at mapping runtime.

If you develop a custom module to retrieve attachments and bundle them with main payload within a new payload, you could have "fake n:1" inside this module and them map to the output message as per your requirement.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Idea Henrinque!!

This is if the files are available at the same time.

If they are not available at the same time, best and efficient way is BPM or some combination of load and retrieve.

sincerely,

-NM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

Are you sure N:1 mapping is not possible without BPM?

ok now lets say thescenario was other way around, i.e SAP sending data to 2 file systems, then we can surely do without BPM right?

Xier

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

XIer,

as a rule of thumb, for n:m mappings:

- n > 1, you need BPM;

- m > 1, for IDOC and HTTP receiver adapters, you need BPM.

All other cases, you don't need BPM (theoretically).

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>SAP sending data to 2 file systems, then we can surely do without BPM right?

yes,you can do without BPM as long as your receiver is not another R/3 system(IDOC) or a HTTP.

Thanx

Aamir suhail

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. As far as my knowledge - In normal scenario integration N:1 is not possible without BPM. But please see Henrique's idea, I don't know abt that.

The other way around is definitely possible, unless until the receiver is IDOC/HTTP as well said by Aamir.

Best regards,

raj.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aamir,

1:n split (bulking) is for when you have several interfaces (or multiple occurrences of same interface) on the same receiver, triggered by 1 single outbound message.

If he has multiple receivers and the message is asynchronous, this "multiplicity" is done at receiver determination runtime, there is no necessity of bulking here. Thus, there is no restriction to idoc and http at receiver side.

Regards,

Henrique.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raj,

as I've explained, my idea is not n:1 per se. It is 1 message + n attachments -> 1 output.

Regards,

Henrique.