cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERP 2005 application server on Solaris 10 T2000 ABAP & Java stacks

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are interested to know if there are any companies running Sun T2000 servers, Solaris 10, in the application layer for both ABAP & Java stacks. If so, how are they performing?

Regards,

Cheryl Siebert.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interesting. Please keep us updated if you do find out what the performance issues are. We are now looking at the M4000/M5000 series for the applications unless some other commodity type server becomes available for the application layer.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We just had several technical discussions with SAP regarding their new server technology and Solaris 10 capabilities. They told us that the T2000 works well for web application servers (e.g., Enterprise Portal). They are optimized for Java. They don't do well as R/3 application servers. They recommended using V240s or v40z's as R/3 app servers (you could also explore using X86 servers running either Linux or Solaris). We are also exploring the potential of using the M5000 as a DB server to reduce the cost of our Oracle licenses (we are not using the runtime Oracle licenses from Sun - don't ask).

Darryl Vegh

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a very interesting statement.

Java and ABAP are implementations of virtual machines, Java is multithreaded, so it "scales better" on multicores, yes - but I wonder why they gave that statement about ABAP.

Any more technical inside of that statement? Just curious...

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just started on an SAP project and we're using T2000 for our XI and portal servers. The XI is java and abap. The performance really sux right now. we're trying to figure out why. I'd stay away from the t2000 for now. They're too new and I don't think anyone has good tuning paramters for sap yet. You can look at sun's website and they'll tell you it runs great. But we're not convinced yet.

If we figure out what's going on, I'll let you know.